Avalability of Funds from Initial Receipt

fhabit
Contributor
Contributor

I processed and received payment for my first and maybe last invoice through PayPal.  It was five digits, and PayPal put a 21 day hold that we able to be reduced to a 7 day hold.  When I called PayPal I got the party line that I had to wait 7 days to have funds available.  Had I known I was going to make PayPal a 21 day or 7 day interest free loan plus giving them 3% of the transaction for the priviledge, I would never have used PayPal.  

Does anyone know of a way to circumvent the 7 day hold requirement to create immediate funds availability?  Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There are many financial rules, regulations, and procedures that PahPal must follow.  There are also other polcies and procedures which PayPal develops to protect it's business and the funds which everyone entrusts to PayPal.  These polices and security models will not be disclosed by PayPal in order to protect it's own business.

One can only contemplate what it is important.  I think that the PayPal user's credit rating and financial trustworthiness would be extrmely important so a use which has a great credit score and documented history of fiancial soundness would have shorter holds.  New users also have not developed a financial history with PayPal and PayPal would have much longer holds, especially for large sums of money.  PayPal could also consider your total funds avaiable based on any public information and credit reports.

If you attempt to circumvent PayPal internal security model, you could have your account closed.

It's important develo a financial history of trustworthiness before moving to large sums of money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.