Activate card

gregsellscoolst
New Community Member

I just cant stand paypig!!! Their site is a joke. All I want to do is activate my new debit card!!! There is no link like they said there would be??? There is no help page to direct you to!!! I can not be the only person who is havin g trouble???

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The New View is a bit different.  Here's a shortcut to try.

First login to your PayPal Account.

After you do that, copy and paste the link below into your web browser and then hit enter.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/customerprofile/summary.view

It should take you to your Account Profile settings.

Click on My money.

Look for Debit and credit cards.

Click on Update.

The rest is straight forward.

Login to Me Too

newstp812
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with the first person. I received my new card and it said just log in to my account and activate the card. There is no apparent way of doing that. I tried looking in the help and all it says is to activate it, never tells you how or where. The steps you give are not self explanatory. This should be fixed. An explanation should be given some place, like in the instructions or the help, of how to do this. The new design is a joke. I am always spending lots of time just clicking around on stuff to try and find what I am looking for.

Login to Me Too

FredClem
Contributor
Contributor

Click on My money.

Look for Debit and credit cards.

Click on Update

REALLY? That's about as easy as finding the Activate Card button. Certanly the My Money link is there, but where is "Debit and credit cards", much less any Update button within any of those links. You can't be serious

So does anybody work on this site with any authority to provide real solutions?

Hello? Anybody home...??

My Money

Login to Me Too

LadyEagleVA
New Community Member

I agree.  I have never seen it so difficult to activate a card.  There is no where to select card or activate.  it tells me I must  pick a card to continue, but there is no way to select a card.

Login to Me Too

RayFJ
New Community Member

SnowShoe,

THANKS for the link.  I was able to activate my new card in a flasn.

RayFJ

Login to Me Too

ddocdan
New Community Member

The people who develop this website must never use it because it is a joke!!  It's like the most obvious answers to a most common question are purposely hidden. Activate a card instructions are no where to be found. This is just like trying to find out what your rewards total was before they fixed that some but still not readily available.

Just stupid!!

Login to Me Too

wolfman69
New Community Member

I agree with these people about card activation.. The only thing more stupid than Paypal's site are the idiots that answer the phone when you call for help.. If you can understand them at all they know absolutely nothing. The only solution offered is let them activate your card. I don't want them to activate my card, I want Paypal to fix their site and put an "ACTIVATE CARD" link on it like my instructions say. What a bunch of idiots..

Login to Me Too

bekele11
New Community Member

Why should activation be hard? need to be fixed asao!

Login to Me Too

marjoriep
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal website is not user friendly, too complicated.  I had another difficult session with them, when one of my cards was fraudently used and I had a bad time trying to change it to the new one.  Last year.  Now I am trying to simply change credit cards and it is difficult.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.