Accepting subscriptions from bank-transfer payment methods?

seaseme

HI guys,

I've just set my website up with a subscription via paypal option - I have the $5 business account. So, when a user selects to subscribe, they receive a pop up window that allows them to log-in to their paypal account, once they do that, they're presented with a Pay with Credit card option- The problem is, some of my customers don't have credit cards, they just have their paypal hooked up to their bank accounts. There doesn't seem to be an option for them to select the bank account, even if it is their default (and only) payment method. 

The customer in question is in Belgium, and I suspected it might be a German bank, so, in Account Settings > my Selling tools >  Block Payments I unchecked the radial box for the "Pay with eCheck or German bank transfer for all website payments except eBay. NOTE: You may not block eCheck payments on eBay." -

Is there any other way to enable this to accept bank account stuff though? It seems to me that PayPal wouldn't care which source the money was coming from. Isn't that the point of using PayPal?

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Not all countries have the same PayPal features.  Although you can have the credit card option enabled, it is not available to all countries.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.