Problem connecting to my paypal account because of identity verification

blackrock69
Contributor
Contributor
Problem connecting to my paypal account because of identity verification When I want to connect, I have to check my identity by phone number. Unfortunately I no longer have access to this telephone number, either by call or text message. How can I connect to my account?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@blackrock69 

Use the phone guest option if you can't log in and then ask customer services to help you add a new mobile number once you have re-accessed your paypal account.

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--HELP378

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@blackrock69 

Use the phone guest option if you can't log in and then ask customer services to help you add a new mobile number once you have re-accessed your paypal account.

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/how-do-i-contact-paypal-customer-service--HELP378

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

blackrock69
Contributor
Contributor

thnak you for your reply

but how do I connect like phone guest on paypal?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@blackrock69 

Try clicking the link I posted for you and when you get to phone option make sure you are not logged in and hit the guest option. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

blackrock69
Contributor
Contributor

thank you so much 

i logged in as a guest and as i am in cameroon and my account was created in the united kingdom, i had to call customer service (this cost me a lot of credit internationally about 30 min=$10).

remotely customer service replaced my number with a number that was available to me in order to receive the verification code.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@blackrock69 

Be very careful using paypal in another country than your account is registered.

While travelling internationally, PayPal actually doesn't always guarantee the ability to use your account since it's normally considered a bit higher risk than the usual activity in your account history.

Depending on what their security system sees, you may still have limited functionality but it's not uncommon to run into issues while travelling outside your home country. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.