Account frozen after trying to use the Xoom service to send money to a family member.

Slotwinner52
Contributor
Contributor
Since PayPal is incompetent in explaining why I was left without money, while on vacation, due to their ridiculous protocol, I'll ask anyone if this has happened to them. I used Xoom to deposit $200 onto my fiance's TD visa debit card via my PayPal balance only to be cancelled twice with no explanation. I called Xoom and after two different foreigners who barely spoke English having no explanation for me directing me back to PayPal. I called PayPal and was told my account is frozen and I need to upload documents verifying my identity so I sent my fiance's and my driver's licence and I use PayPal just about every day on gaming sites and have sent my id for verification before so it's on file already. Calling PayPal you need to verify certain info including last 4 of social so I verified who I was 3 times to get someone acting like I was trying to defraud my own account. PayPal totally **bleep** a customer and account holder because their incompetent security measures is just that, incompetent. Now my vacation is ruined waiting for PayPal to get off their **bleep** and unblock my account. I will be closing down my PayPal account.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Slotwinner52
Contributor
Contributor
The next day I expected a resolution and an email saying my account is unfrozen. After not hearing anything and constantly checking my account and seeing nothing being done I called PayPal again. This time I was being asked about credit cards that have been closed for two years and asking me questions that shouldn't of been asked leaving me more confused. Finally I asked for a supervisor. I explained the situation for the 6th time and once he understood my frustration it literally took him ten minutes of looking at my account, asking couple questions and then unfroze my account when the girl I was speaking to earlier was saying 5 to 7 business days. I still have no idea why PayPal put me and my fiance through this. He unfroze my account and said have a nice day. No explanation, or apology.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.