How to get Paypal to check a transaction past 180 days ?

Anonymous50
New Community Member

Hello. I do not check my Paypal account every month. I trust Paypal,  and vendors paid by Paypal, to respect the highest level of security and tracking for payment. I just spotted a transaction of over 300 Euros that is potentially fraudulous (no service delivered). Paypal declines to check and has closed the case claiming that is is from more than 180 days (whereas they can perfectly send a request for clarification to the vendor). Is there any way to have Paypal check it with the vendor though ? I am considering closing my Paypal account as a consequence if I can not get this properly fixed. Thanks for your help.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous50 

You have up to 180 days to file a paypal dispute for any transaction, that is more than a lot of credit cards give you.

After that its up to you to sort it out with the merchant OR private legal action.

You are responsible for checking your account activity regularly, why would you wait 6 months?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.