Im am a developer and i am having issues getting google pay to work on my account.

TimmyGolding
Contributor
Contributor

I have been following the example on https://developer.paypal.com/docs/checkout/apm/google-pay/
Im most of the way there but struggling to get the Google pay config from the paypal object.

async function getGooglePaymentDataRequest() {
   const googlePayConfig = await paypal.Googlepay().config();
   const paymentDataRequest = Object.assign({}, baseRequest); paymentDataRequest.allowedPaymentMethods = googlePayConfig.allowedPaymentMethods; paymentDataRequest.transactionInfo = getGoogleTransactionInfo();
   paymentDataRequest.merchantInfo =       googlePayConfig.merchantInfo; paymentDataRequest.callbackIntents = ["PAYMENT_AUTHORIZATION"];

I think the issue is that google pay is not enabled in the account and when i go

1. Log in to your PayPal Business account.
  2. Go to the "Settings" section.
  3. Under "Payment preferences" or "Payment settings," find the option for "Google Pay" or "Google Payment Methods."
  4. Enable Google Pay or add it as a payment method if it's not already enabled.
  5. Follow any additional instructions provided by PayPal to complete the setup process.

There is no option to enable it in Step 4. I just get 

Payment preferences Managing Risk and FraudActivate tools to reduce your risk of fraud losses.Edit

Block paymentsLimit payments, add instructions and more.Update

VATSet up sales taxes for multiple regions.Update Account Updater

Automatically refresh outdated customer card details for uninterrupted payments.

Turn on Save PayPal and Venmo payment methodsSave customer PayPal and Venmo payment methods for future transactions.

These are the only options i can see.
this is the console output of paypal in the developer tools console

paypal.

1. FUNDING:
    1. APPLEPAY: "applepay"
    2. BANCONTACT: "bancontact"
    3. BLIK: "blik"
    4. BOLETO: "boleto"
    5. BOLETOBANCARIO: "boletobancario"
    6. CARD: "card"
    7. CREDIT: "credit"
    8. EPS: "eps"
    9. GIROPAY: "giropay"
    10. IDEAL: "ideal"
    11. ITAU: "itau"
    12. MAXIMA: "maxima"
    13. MERCADOPAGO: "mercadopago"
    14. MULTIBANCO: "multibanco"
    15. MYBANK: "mybank"
    16. OXXO: "oxxo"
    17. P24: "p24"
    18. PAIDY: "paidy"
    19. PAYLATER: "paylater"
    20. PAYPAL: "paypal"
    21. PAYU: "payu"
    22. SATISPAY: "satispay"
    23. SEPA: "sepa"
    24. SOFORT: "sofort"
    25. TRUSTLY: "trustly"
    26. VENMO: "venmo"
    27. WECHATPAY: "wechatpay"
      ZIMPLER: "zimpler"

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Kavyar

Good day @TimmyGolding 

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

I kindly request you to create an MTS ticket via the following URL  - https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US  .Please ensure that you provide detailed information and error details when submitting the ticket.

Sincerely,

Kavya

PayPal MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.