Rude and unacceptable customer service from Pay Pal.

zeke1911a1
New Community Member

We called Pay Pal last night and we were treated with a rudeness that is unacceptable.  This kind of treatment of Pay Pal is beyond understanding and anything we have experienced in our banking experiences.  Until this company decides to be at least civil to it's customers we will contact every seller and find different ways to pay.  We don't like getting someone who is hostile and is very difficult to understand.

We would like to see E-Bay go to a different company for it's payments or give us a variety of options that are as quick as Pay Pal.  For every item we are interested in we have now contact the seller and work out something different from Pay Pal.  For us Pay Pal will be a "card of last resort".  If they change their attitude we will do business with them again.  We're quit surprised that an organizatin/company as large as E-Bay would push a single payer system.

WE'RE VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS!!!  Michael and Jane   

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

josh
New Community Member

i full agree with you i have items on ebay that i have committed to buy but can't  pay for them because of the spending limit they put on my account which says that my card is a credit card which it is not it is a debt card the money is there for the purchases i have been in contact with pay pal about this they are very unhelpfull giving me information on how to rectify this situation i'm amazed that ebay would push a middleman company that has as many problems as pay pal  seems like they would have their own finance company since ebay is a international company

Login to Me Too

tasha
Contributor
Contributor

What you don't seem to know is that eBay Inc. OWNS PAY PAL.  I began buying & selling on eBay in the late '90s.  Until a year or so ago, I could accept PayPal, checks, money orders, cash, stamps, or a 1st born chlld from a buyer.  When I bought an item, I could pay the same way (depending on the seller).  About 6 months ago, out came the edict that NO LONGER can a seller accept any payment except thru PayPal. All listing were to be edited.  Well, I was able to start editing & got thru 3/4 of them (My eBay store A thru Z solutions by L had over 100 listings) plus the BIN & auction items.

One AM I opened my e-mail to a full page of "my listing has ended" messages from eBay.  They had ended all listings that still said I could accept checks, etc.  Then I got to relist those that were "ended" & pay to list them again! 

No sooner had I got over fuming about that when the sellers were notified that effective in 30 days (or there about) NO INSURANCE could be charged to the buyer. There is no place on the invoice for insurance, which is required by the US Postal Service if it the item is  lost or stolen during transit.  Now many sellers are adding mega $ to the cost of sending thru USPS or, if the item is over $100 via Fed Ex or UPS.  Sellers pay eBay  a listing fee & when the item sells, a hefty "final value" fee.  PayPal takes anywhere from 3% + 30 cents of the total (item cost + shipping) & on up as their fee.   I have over 1900 feedbacks and eBaying is almost a full time job for this old lady, but I'm not happy with the politics of decisions being made.  We buyers & sellers have made them rich & world famous.  They show no gratitude.  Fortunately, I have never had a rude person in any phone conversations with PP or eBay. But I have to admit that some of the tecks in India are sometimes difficult to understand.....

Login to Me Too

Puterdame
New Community Member

I'm in the process of trying to set up my business on Paypal, but after reading these posts about it, I'm having second thoughts.  Would you NOT suggest that  I go through with this transaction?  I've never had a problem with Paypal or Ebay, and as a matter of fact, a couple of months ago, Ebay assisted me with a refund from a seller that accepted my payment, but never sent the item.

I have a small business, and I'm trying to get it set up so I can sell online, but now,  I don't know.

Please give me your honest opinion, and answer the question: If you could go back and do it again, would you go with PayPal or not?

Thanks very much for any input you can give me.

Sylvia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.