HORRIBLE IDEA TO HOLD FUNDS FOR 21 DAYS!!!

gearhed78
Contributor
Contributor

Holding funds from sellers until the buyer leaves feedback is the worst idea EVER! Since when does Paypal become an authority on buyer satisfaction?? A smooth transaction is all that I wanted from Paypal. If they are going to hold funds, then they should make it very clear BEFORE you use them!  Keeping my money in their account for 21 days is a HUGE disadvantage of using Paypal. Stick to transferring funds,not trying to be a satisfaction authority!

Login to Me Too
6,286 REPLIES 6,286

bramleyleiser
New Community Member

ok so i have just joined paypal and i wished i hadnt. i sold a phone on ebay and posted to buyer within specified time paypal put an account limitation on my account i had purchased 4 things with the money and now the payment is on hold!! contacted paypal yes they have lifted account limitation but still have the funds on hold for the 4 items i am purchasing its bloody stupied i spoke to citizens advice and they have said that paypal have no right to keep your money on hold, so i am filling a complaint against paypal now and i will NOT ever bother using them again, i will sell on amazon and then as soon as funds are in your account the money is deposited into your bank account every 14 days now thats more like it none of this payment on hold so paypal can gain interest on YOUR money!!!

Login to Me Too

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You agreeed to it when you signed up for Paypal.

All money transfer companys have holds.  Paypal's has the least amount of hold time.

The hold will be released a lot sooner that 21 days, when the D/C shows delivery OR when the buyer leaves feedback.

If you use ebay shipping the postage amount is automaticaly deducted from the hold amount.

Login to Me Too

mattcheli

I too have had all of my payments received put on hold without justification.  I have a 100% feedback with over 400 customers served.  No complaints.  However according to PayPal they decided to arbitrarily put all of my funds on hold, and clarified for me that it was not due to my actions.  I have used PayPal for over 5 years now, and until recently, never had a problem.  I would understand if I recently received negative feedback or failed to satisfy a customer's needs; but I have not done anything to warrant PayPal's actions. Does anyone have any advise on how I can get this hold on my account lifted?  Does PayPal have a complaint department?  Thanks

Login to Me Too

terese2
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed.  It is absolute bs that Paypal is doing this to protect itself.  I have a 100% approval rating, and with one recent exception, when I voluntarily decided to refund some excess shipping to a customer, the ONLY time I ever request refunds is when the EBAY/PAYPAL postage system fails me, and the postage doesn't print!

I have requested a review of the application of this policy to me.  If I do not get this lifted, I will tjke every cnet out o my account the minute I can, and never use the service again.  

JOIN ME!!  We have to vote with our business on this one, which is an outrageous violation of good customer service policy.

SHAME ON YOU, PAYPAL!!!

Login to Me Too

temp09092011z
Contributor
Contributor

Hi :  HAVE A DEDICATED CHECKING ACCOUNT NOT  LINKED TO ANY OTHER BANK ACCOUNT. AND TRANSFER ALL PAYPAL MONEY INTO IT AS SOON AS IT APPEARS ON YOUR PAYPAL HISTORY. THEN GO TO THE BANK AND WRITE A CHECK FOR THE MAX YOU CAN . I'M NOT ALLOWING PAYPAL TO USE OR HOLD MY MONEY FOR A SECOND LONGER THAN POSSIBLE. THEY CAN GO ROB SOMEONE ELSE.

IF THEY WITHHOLD FUNDS, REFUND THE SELLER AND DEMAND ALL FEES BE RETURNED TO BOTH YOU AND THE BUYER. EbAY FEES TOO! LISTING, FINAL VALUE ETC. THE AUCTION HAS BEEN CANCELLED BECAUSE PAYPAL HAS TAKEN YOUR MONEY AND IS HOLDING YOU UP.

Login to Me Too

agentvice
Contributor
Contributor

AGREED!

WHAT THE >>>> IS THIS? OF COURSE, OUR RIGHTS BEING TAKEN AWAY?

Login to Me Too

readuseragreeme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Everyone agreed to let PP hold their funds for 21 days.  Says so in the user agreement.....learn to read people

Login to Me Too

maelizama
New Community Member

I'm new to paypal and eby. In less than a month I've sold about 1500.00 worht of items and over a thousand of it is being held by paypal for twenty one days. I didn't mind that until paypal withdrew from my personal account $160.00. Because of insufficient funds my bank charge me $32.00. I'm told this is for postage. My customers are paying for the postage.

I'm confused and at this point disappointed and mad. 

When phoning PP, I was sent to the Philippines for help.

I surprised PP doesen't have a 800 number.

Please help me. 

Mae

Login to Me Too

framinglady
Contributor
Contributor

I have had an eBay account for several years.  In May, my husband and I starting selling electronics actively.  Almost immediately PP held our funds.  We are selling, but I am having to come out of pocket for my shipping and eBay fees.  We are trying to build a business.    With every sell I make, they are holding the funds for 21 days.  I still have not funds from my sales to use.  Out ebay feedback is 100% and we are shipping out promptly.  I am really frustrated.  How can they do this?

Login to Me Too

readuseragreeme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

How can they do this?

Put it in the user agreement which you (presumably) read, understood, and agreed to. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.