Ebay with Paypal says I've reached my limit, but haven't....

Mike7474
Contributor
Contributor

My account is verified and i'm trying to purchase a $5 item.  The only other thing I have purchase recently was a $4 item.  When I go to check out, I get this message...

We are unable to complete your checkout.

This payment will put you over the sending limit with your PayPal account. To remove this limit, you need to get verified.

You have sent with your PayPal account and your remaining sending limit is .

The sending limit is the total amount of money you can send with your account before you complete the verification process.

Verification helps increase the security of the PayPal network as more members successfully pass PayPal's identification checks.

You will be directed to PayPal to remove your limit. You will then be able to return to complete checkout and continue to use PayPal.

Any thoughts?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Mike7474
Contributor
Contributor

If anybody else has this problem....I just had to update my credit card information.  I had an expired credit on file with paypal

Login to Me Too

scorpio5005
Contributor
Contributor

Mike, if the moderators don't delete my message, I got the same message from Paypal when I tried to pay for a $15 item. I'm a 300+ buys (not sales) Ebayer, but no more. Here's my reply to Paypal and Ebay both;

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/eBay-and-PayPal/Can-t-pay-by-credit-card-through-paypal-even-tho...

I'm done with them. When I went o close my Paypal account, it says I can't close it because I have a $15 item not paid for. It's not paid for solely because of Paypal's own actions. I've emailed the seller and explained my intentions to close my accounts, offering to pay by whatever means the seller chooses. Meanwhile, my home state gets no money from Paypal or Ebay and luckily we have local courts and local laws that frown on things like this from large national corporations. I wonder how much Paypal will spend to defend itself when it's haled into local court on this and lose to a pro se plaintiff?. A lot more than $15 I can guarantee. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.