Double Fees PayPal and Ebay

madd
New Community Member

On Ebay I got charged a Final Value Fee and also a Final Value Fee for shipping.  Then PayPal charges a fee for your total value received , the item cost and shipping added together.  Why is shipping even included in the total?? That money goes to postage not to the seller.  Fraud abundunt at Ebay and PayPal.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

whatme
New Community Member

ebay and  paypay  cannot charge the shipping companies  because the shipping companies are not dealing directly with them. 

They are using the excuse that because John Doe  overcharges for shipping they have the right to charge all sellers for collecting shipping costs. 

When in reality via paypal shipping program ebay has access to what sellers are actually paying.

Using this information they could charge those sellers a fee on the excess they are overcharging customers.

Eventually when the monetary numbers add up some lawyer will file a class action lawsuit against ebay at which time ebay will fess up

The lawyers will make big bucks.

Ebay will have earned interest on billions of dollars

The sellers will get a partial refund.

Login to Me Too

jeffperry2
New Community Member

Huge scam scene! This is a classic double dip straight out of the sellers profit. To offset this, the seller is forced to calculate the % that PayPal is skimming & add it to the shipping charges or call it a handling fee, etc. Any fee relating to the purchase of an item should be paid for by the buyer at the very least. Charging for the privilege of listing an item, then turning around and charging for receiving the payment is complete scam.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

@jeffperry2 wrote:

Charging for the privilege of listing an item, then turning around and charging for receiving the payment is complete scam.

If the buyer uses a payment service other than PayPal, do you think that other payment service should be permitted to charge a payment receiving fee?

-Sandy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.