WikiLeaks

pqdace
New Community Member

PayPal is being used to fund Wikileaks?? 

This makes them complicit .

Login to Me Too
684 REPLIES 684

PY-109
Contributor
Contributor

BillF Says
“I know this has been said many times already in this thread, but maybe putting it another way will help others understand: The point is not that Wikileaks is a good guy fighting against what you see as an evil conspiracy nor that Wikileaks is an evil conspiracy fighting against what you see as the good guys. The real issue is that PayPal has acted to help suppress a source of information that, whether or not we like its methods, has not been found guilty of any crime in a U.S. court. The U.S. Bill of Rights and our country's experience in the 1950s are two good reasons for us to fight to protect legal speech even when we find it distasteful.”

Yes I pretty much agree with this. The Charge though on “Sexual Harassment” Is pretty much BS.
The Swedish B!tch who has made the Accusation had a Web site with the in her words.

7 Steps to Legal Revenge by Anna Ardin

“Anna Ardin" Says
I’ve been thinking about some revenge over the last few days and came across a very good side who inspired me to this seven-point revenge instruction in Swedish."

http://progressivealaska.blogspot.com/2010/08/strangest-blog-thread-yet-on-swedish.html

Login to Me Too

Decker711
Contributor
Contributor

Very disappointed in Wikileaks/Amazon in thier stance on the Wikileaks issue.  I  guess the boneheads that agree with them can continue to stick their pointy little heads in the sand as to the revelations provided by this data dump.  I guess their ok with the Chinese that attempt to infiltrate our data networks or the Afghans who steal their tax dollars unabated to transport heroin & other illicit goods around the world.  I for one have withdrawn accounts at Amazon & will do so here soon.

Goodbye,

Login to Me Too

IndictAssange
Contributor
Contributor

Despite all the usual rants from the deranged leftwingers, you guys have shut down a major source of funding for this despicable little weasel. God help us if these people actually got in charge; their holy grail is the decline of the West into some manifestation of multicultural bliss. They are utterly clueless on the damage being done, all for taking down the big corporate conspiracy, etc, etc. Why don't they take another toke and leave it to the grown-ups to navigate the treacherous times we live in?

Login to Me Too

JeffG
New Community Member

I am disgusted but unsurprised that Paypal would choose to assist the US government in obscuring the truth.  Your decision only assists those who would further abuse their power to engage in criminal acts.  You strike a blow against free speech and democracy, as well as the most fundamental American ideals.  While your revenue and market share insure that you will suffer no immediate repercussions, I am certain a large number of individuals will remember your choice well into the future.  It highlights all too well the complete disengagement of the majority of global corporations from any concerns of morality or societal good.

Login to Me Too

mowgli2071

I agree with Jeff. Shame on paypal.

Login to Me Too

Casca
New Community Member

Hats Off to the PayPal executives for cutting off Wiki Leaks!  Finally a company who is willing to show it patriotism!  I will encourage everyone to use PayPal's services because of its support for America. Thank you PayPal!

Semper Fi

Login to Me Too

GregorPatterson
New Community Member

I will be showing *my* patriotism by closing my PayPal account.

Farewell PayPal, you were pioneers who will be remembered for your deplorable cowardice.

Login to Me Too

redacted
New Community Member

The decision by Paypal to cut-off Wikileaks funding is absolutely disgraceful.

To quote a friend of mine: "The most common misconception about Wikileaks is that it is somehow trying to undermine America.  What they are actually trying to do is force America to live up to its own stated values".

When Americans fear the truth....When America's leadership is permitted to operate in the shadows.....Everything worth saving is already lost.

I can imagine the ill-considered, poorly informed responses this reply will receive. All too many Americans have come to confuse patriotism with blind loyalty to leaders (and their corporate owners) whose motives are far different than we commonly imagine. I will not respond to these replies, as they literally break my heart.

Before you judge Wikileaks' actions - Look into the information they released. Who has done the greater harm?

Murder. Intimidation. Enormous disinformation campaigns. Outright lies to cover-up crimes by the well-connected.

Wikileaks didn't commit these crimes - They exposed them.

Additionally, do not trust the corporate media to fully inform you about this (or any other) issue. Since the 1990's, decades old media ownership laws have been gutted. The same 6 corporations have editorial control over everything we read and see. That's not a free and open forum. That is a corporate service serving a for-profit agenda (not your profit....theirs). If that's acceptable to you, I cannot imagine what your concept of America could possibly be. 

This decision by Paypal is a disgrace - The support it seems to be getting is sign of how many Americans have forgotten the basic tenets of (what once was) our national character. It is heart-breaking.

Though previous commitments prevent me from quitting Paypal outright, i will not continue to use the service after the end of the month. I support the truth. I support open government. I will not support a right-wing (and yes, it most certainly is....look into it yourself) company's attempt to silence the truth-tellers and pursue an entirely partisan political agenda.

Shame on you, Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Lightwalker
New Community Member

Yeah for Paypal.  As a veteran, I appreciate your support.  Any information that places our fellow Americans at risk in a war zone should be kept classified.  Thanks for having the courage to cut off Wiki Leaks!

Login to Me Too

Xanas
Contributor
Contributor

Lightwalker, as a veteran you should know to at least get your facts straight.  The Pentagon can't even name one individual who was put at risk by this information.  The head of operations in afghanistan said that isn't true.  Politicians make up that garbage so that they can sound good and get you to go all flag-wavy for them.

There is no good in the patriotism of unquestioned subservience to a government that will sell out it's own values in order to maintain secrecy.  Those who desire safety at the expense of liberty deserve neither.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.