WikiLeaks

pqdace
New Community Member

PayPal is being used to fund Wikileaks?? 

This makes them complicit .

Login to Me Too
684 REPLIES 684

HoppyJoy

I have never seen such a coordinated effort to suppress free speech.  It is appalling, yet amazing to watch Amazon, Paypal, Visa, Mastercard all fall in lockstep to isolate and limit Wikileaks ability to get out their information.  Is anyone else outraged about this?  This is like something China would do.  You can still support Wikileaks through a credit card transaction, wire-transfer, or plain old mail.  PLEASE CONTRIBUTE.   Remember, if Wikileaks can be silenced, who could be silenced next time.  Let PayPal, Amazon, and any other business you use know how you feel.

Login to Me Too

hashman
Contributor
Contributor

This is how a person with an dream can capitalize on someone else's mistake. When so many people are dissatisfied with a company's decision, it opens the door for another company to challenge them. I have learned this from the past. yet I do not have the resources to live my dream of doing it. Not much more to say, other than leave politics to the politicians.

Login to Me Too

andros4629
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, anything but paypal.  The corporate cowards show their true stripes.   My paypal, amazon, and ebay accounts are gone as of this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZNDV4hGUGw&feature=player_embedded

Login to Me Too

KoreyT
Contributor
Contributor

After all this negative press regarding the relationship between PayPal and Wikileaks, I have decided that I don't want to support PayPal any longer. Please provide me instructions on how to close my account.

Thank you kindly!

Login to Me Too

anarchris
New Community Member

ive tried multiple times to close my account, it wont let me after i click 3 **bleep**ing times "CONTINUE" take that $1.50, but still wont and gives me some error about if i had a transaction in the past 30 minutes...

Login to Me Too

KoreyT
Contributor
Contributor

After PayPal's embargo with Wikileaks, I have decided to close down my PayPal account. Wikileaks supports the ideals of government transparency and freedom of speech. PayPal's condemnation of Wikileaks just shows me they do not believe in those same ideals.

Thank you, but I do not support that kind of Orwellian societal mindset.

Login to Me Too

gsj
Contributor
Contributor

I have found Paypal to be a reliable service and I am deeply disappointed in the Reaction taken as it regards service of Wikileaks Donations. The fact that the US Government told you it was illegal is a matter to be detrermined by due process.

The fact is your user base enabled you to achieve the status that you have and it appears the trust they have in you is tarnishing as a result of the injection of rightwing policy where it doesn't belong.

Furthermore if Wikileaks teaches us one thing it is that the Government is a compulsive liar in that it's first impulse is to deny the obvious.  Their second impulse is to stay in Power at all cost.

I don't expect Paypay to be a crusader for causes different than the views of management but I don't expect it to be complicit in selling due process for America Down the River either.

If you are going to do that sell it to FOX and get it over with.

Thanks for LISTENING...............

Login to Me Too

dj17
New Community Member

Glad to hear that Paypal is a reputable company that cares about the safety of those working outside our borders (both military and civilian).  Good riddance to those that say they won't use your company anymore.  There are probably double the number that will now sign up!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.