WikiLeaks

pqdace
New Community Member

PayPal is being used to fund Wikileaks?? 

This makes them complicit .

Login to Me Too
684 REPLIES 684

mecks90210

It's a shame paypal has taken this route and I am deeply offended that the money I donated to wikileaks is almost certainly tied up in this nonsense. Until wikileaks confirm they have received the disputed funds, I will not be using the service.

Login to Me Too

Soynuts68

I am in the process of setting up a new website for our company and was considering adding PayPal as a form of payment.  Not any longer.  If you want to get involved with Politics maybe you should get out of this business and do it full time.  As an American Citizen I'm not going to standby and watch as our government does everything it can to silence free speech and hide wrong doing.

Good Luck

Login to Me Too

AmyHagopian
New Community Member

I, too, am vey disappointed in PayPal's decision to suspend the WikiLeaks account.  In an era where real journalism is gasping its last breaths, WikiLeaks is performing a very important public service of opening up the information about how our government gets us to go to war, and how it conducts foreign policy in our names.  I won't be using PayPal because of this decision.

How do we notify PayPal of this, though?  I can't find a place on its website to engage in a real conversation with anyone?

Amy Hagopian

Login to Me Too

Jeri
New Community Member

Notice to paypal as soon as most recent purchases are completed I am cancelling my account in protest of your cancelling of wikileaks.  I can find another way to pay. 

Login to Me Too

ubob
New Community Member

I have sent money to support Mr Assange.  Paypal may of stopped me, Visa may of stopped me but my support went thru. I will remember this.

Login to Me Too

Horror
Contributor
Contributor
Hey paypal, your suppressing the truth and supporting the criminal american govt. For your complicity with a criminal syndicate and crimes against the constitution and bill of rights (treason if you are an american corporation) we will be holding those higher ups in charge of this accountable for the charge of treason and see how a jury of 12 public citizens see your attack against the constitution and conspiring with a group of people to attack our govt. Americans don't owe allegiance to puppet politicians and their corporate banker buddies who control them. The govt IS the constitution and bill of rights. The allegiance is to those 2 pieces of paper only.
Login to Me Too

r00t4rd3d
Contributor
Contributor

The Wikileak cables have shown us hillary clinton demanded to know other diplomats credit card numbers. This is an illegal activity , un-ethical and very wrong. Credit card numbers are confidential to the card holder. Just because your secretary of state does not make you above the law.

I request that paypal treat everyone the same and freeze mrs.clintons paypal.

Login to Me Too

motomart
Contributor
Contributor

Same as thousands other  Paypal (ex)customers, I'm disappointed in the decision to suspend WikiLeaks account. Paypal, you proved yourself to be a bunch of worthless marionettes in the hands of equally sickening, dishonest and greedy, so called elite members.  Thanks for walking out of a closet!

Login to Me Too

fnords
New Community Member

I am disgusted with PayPal's actions in the WikiLeaks/Assange case.  Both PayPal and eBay are tainted as a result of your kowtowing to Lieberman and the other anti-freedom people trying to crush the free press, which WikiLeaks is part of.

Shame on you PayPal.  I will be moving as much of my business as possible elsewhere (perhaps Craigslist or other sites) until such time as you restore WikiLeaks account.

Login to Me Too

tbonach
New Community Member

I would agree with you, but what you fail to notice is that Assange's actions are that of a black-mailer.  Wikileaks was originally set up for whistle-blowers to air the dirty laundry of companies that didn't play by the rules. HOWEVER, when certain government and corporate entities have people sign anonymity papers and papers that hold the employee responsible for company information - ie, not sharing trade secrets, etc. with the world, then these people become culpable, and this is no longer covered under 1st Amendment rights or the freedom of the press.

"If you punish me for my actions, I will leak information that puts the President of the United States in a compromised position" is not journalism - it is a THREAT. Real journalists do not use such unprofessional tactics. I applaud Paypay for their actions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.