I cannot reconnect my Japan Post bank account to my Paypal account.

CallousedLiver
Contributor
Contributor

I added my Japanese savings account to my PayPal account about four years ago. Since then, I have used it intermittently without a problem as recently as last month. But yesterday, when I went to withdraw money from my PayPal wallet to my bank account, it bounced and the account was removed. 

When I first came to Japan, I was completely illiterate, so I did not realise that they used the wrong Furigana for my name. I recently corrected this on all my official documents and my bank account, so I would assume this was the cause of the Direct Debit Mandate failing. Yet when I try to add the account again with the correct information, I only receive the "We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later." message.

I went to Japan Post yesterday for advice. While I was there, I was suddenly able to proceed to the bank's mandate page. I worked through it with the staff to ensure the details I entered were correct. The account appeared in my Wallet but the process had failed on the last step. It said the Direct Debit Mandate needed to be accepted. After removing the account to restart the process from the beginning, I am now once again only getting the "We're sorry. We're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later." message and I cannot proceed.

I need to solve this as quickly as I can. This caught me off-guard, and I have about $10 on hand. I can fast and bicycle to and fro work for a bit, might be able to turn this from bad luck to a healthy challenge. But I can only keep that up for a few days, haha.

Please tell me if I have forgotten any useful information. And, uh, please help me.

At your mercy,

Mitchell

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

CallousedLiver
Contributor
Contributor

Update: I have been able to add my account and proceed to the bank's website to set up the Direct Debit Mandate. Now I am back to the problem of it failing when it return to the PayPal site. I know the information I enter in the bank's website is correct, as it will not let me proceed when I put in the wrong information. Can anyone give me a possible cause for this?

Login to Me Too

Harjunpun
New Community Member

💳How to add JP bank account to your PayPal account: #PayPalJapan, #JapanPostBank, #LinkBankToPayPal [removed]

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.