Scam the Scammer

Larifarry
Beitragsleistender
Beitragsleistender
Hi there, This morning I received the following messages via what's app. Originally I was selling a nintendo ds game via eBay Kleinanzeigen. "I live in United States I’m buying this package for my cousin in Germany as birthday gift. I will like you to help me with a little surprise and ship it together to my cousin as well I will send you extra 200€ For you to help me buy 200€ steam wallet gift card from Aldi store and add it to the parcel Send me your PayPal email address so I procee the funds into your PayPal account" Obviously this is a scam as gift cards are not part of paypal's money security system. In addition he wants me to send the package to a different address than stated on his paypal payment information which will also result in PayPal not beeing able to help me once he claims he never received anything and gets his money back. So the real question is how can we teach those criminals a lesson and scam the scammer?! I was thinking about just sending the ds game to the address he stated in PayPal. But would that be problematic as I won't give him the gift cards? Thanks for your help! Larissa
Login to Me Too
5 ANTWORTEN 5

Lothar9
Beitragsleistender
Beitragsleistender
Hatte das gleiche heute. Be careful
Login to Me Too

Lolapaloza
Beitragsleistender
Beitragsleistender
Hey, I just get the exact same text but this time with 500€... did you used a strategy to fool him back?
Login to Me Too

Larifarry
Beitragsleistender
Beitragsleistender

Hey!

Well, I called Paypal to discuss this matter, and they made it clear that they don't support this method and it's very unlikely that they would refund me my money.  Even though they all agreed that this was definitely a scammer. Moreover, they stated they are unable to freeze his account. 

Therefore I just blocked him. Maybe it is the better choice instead of giving him/her your Paypal address, who knows what he is gonna try to do with it. 

Good luck and all the best,

Larissa

Login to Me Too

Lolapaloza
Beitragsleistender
Beitragsleistender
I was also very concerned when he asked me on eBay for my WhatsApp bc I thought, when I give him my Bank details and email now, he will have all my informations. After I found your article I was 100% sure that he wants to scam me and I stopped answering him. But now he his calling me ... somehow I want to scam him back but I don’t know how!!!
Login to Me Too

Snoopy1818
Beitragsleistender
Beitragsleistender
I have same "I will be making an additional payment of 330€ for you to help me purchase a 300€ steam wallet gift card from the store and include it in the parcel and 30€ for the stress and gas because I want it to be a big surprise to my cousin. are you cool with that?". Be carefull
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.