Trouble updating primary address from Chrome

dawndsquirrel
Contributor
Contributor

I just spent a very frustrating hour trying to update my Primary Address in PayPal. I had received a message from a merchant indicating that PayPal still had my previous address listed, from about a year ago. I consulted the help forum, and tried to make the changes using my phone.  I would see my account information flash, and then it would disappear and be replaced with a grey screen. I tried this several times. Then I switched from my phone (an original iphone SE running the latest iOs and software) to my laptop (a Windows 10 machine, HP Pavilion.) I repeated the process, still in Chrome, which I generally use for browsing on both phone and laptop. The behavior repeated. No matter what I tried, which directions I tried to enter the screen from, this was always the result.  Eventually it occurred to me to try using a different browser. So I logged out on Chrome and logged in again using Edge. Voila! I was finally able to SEE and EDIT my Account information including my primary address. 

Then I tried to leave a message for PayPal to let them know of the problem. This was also difficult, as there is no easy way to just send an email, by this time it was "after hours," and the Message Center only works if one has a question, which I did not. I couldn't even "tell us what you think!" -- that didn't work either. 

Clearly there is currently a problem with the interface between the "updated" PayPal functionality and Chrome. Since Chrome is one of THE major browsers in the US at this time, this is a serious issue.  PayPal: Please fix this. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.