JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL LTD

PAS16
Contributor
Contributor

My bank has notifield me of a new direct debit: JPMC RE PAYPAL INTL LTD.  I have read other comments about this, but this shows a payment scheduled for £22.48 on 29/03/18.  Any thoughts please?

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

JamesM68
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve just had this on my Barclays account, showing as a weekly DD of £89.00! I recently paid online for a map update from Jaguar, which was £89 for the year (one off payment) I queried this with jaguar and PayPal and they both confirm that it’s a mistake on the part of my bank. Have spoken to them just now and they confirm it’s a mistake and have removed the direct debit. Luckily I caught it before I lost another £89 a week! Not sure if this helps, but definitely ring your bank to query anything and cancel and DD that you don’t want.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JamesM68 

Think you have been given incorrect advice.

When you add a bank account to paypal it sets up the direct debit mandate so that paypal can take authorised payments for any purchases you make (or pay your Ebay fees).
No company eg water/electric can take funds from your bank account on a regular basis without that direct debit.
However the amount shown is always the ''last'' transaction / amount that you paid to a seller via paypal.

If you have now cancelled the direct debit you may well not be able to use your bank account as a funding source on your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JamesM68
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, that may well be the case, however on my Barclays app, I am able to see upcoming payments and for some reason it was set to pay £89 every Thursday to the above reference. Obviously, this isn’t correct. So somewhere along the lines, an error has occurred. Usually my bank groups things together and just labels them as PayPal, but it’s usually a monthly thing not weekly for the exact same amount
Login to Me Too

Am114
Contributor
Contributor
Why have you set up a direct debit with out my knowledge or permission? This is fraudulant. Any monies taken must be refunded imediately.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Am114 

Try actually reading my above post? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.