Has anyone else had an issue with PayPal "holding" funds and claiming that it is "under review"?

motorplant
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else had an issue with PayPal "holding" funds for over 2 months and claiming that it is "under review"? Are there laws to assist in getting the funds released? This literally is a normal payment, like the dozens of other ones I receive.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

swankysenor
New Community Member

mine is just today. ive been using paypal for just a few weeks and this nonsense. two months is a long time. i did call them. they said they will be taking the hold off. lets see how long.

Login to Me Too

motorplant
Contributor
Contributor

Dang, keep me posted.  They have told me and the buyer that it shouldn't be much longer.  They also continue to request that the buyer call them.  He calls them, and then they inform him that everything is just fine.  I have stopped using PayPal for my transactions.  This is the first time this has happened and I have used PayPal for multiple years.  But something is definitely wrong now.  On this transaction, they actually accepted the buyer's payment, debited his account, but are not releasing the funds to me.  This can't be legal after over 2 months?  I am having my attorney look into it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.