How to initiate a return to buyer for an invoiced purchase?

jsd777
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I sold an item to a buyer who has received the item and is not satisfied with it. I have no problem refunding his money and selling it to another buyer. Unfortunately I cant figure out how to do this. I have a PP business account and the transaction was purchased through an invoice I sent to the buyer. The only options Im seeing on the transaction page is 'refund' which seems like it would not require the buyer to return the item to me. Where do I find the option to initiate a return so that the buyer gets his money back and I am protected and ensured I will receive my item back as well?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jsd777 

Just inform them to return it back to you and on receipt you will issue a refund?

Other than that they can file a dispute for item received but not as described and you can agree to a refund on return of item.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jsd777
Contributor
Contributor

It is a $700 item, I dont think the buyer will be interested in shipping it back with no guarantee of me refunding their money. I dont know why paypal doesnt have a simple return feature, you think that would be standard for any business transaction processor .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.