Help claiming back on paypal for faulty mobility scooter bought on ebay

DavidPandrop
Contributor
Contributor
Hi i bought a mobility scooter from a company that sells mobility scooters through ebay paid by paypal. They sell new and second hand ones and i bought a second hand one for £1300 and it was delivered and i used it approx 2 miles. They said it was a new batteries and they gave me a new charger. I had to charge it up and the charger didn’t charge it so i phoned them and was told it was the wrong charger as it was a 5 amp charger so they sent an 8 amp charger which seemed to work but the problem is that the batteries don’t hold the charge. Even when fully charged and scooter left off overnight it is showing batteries less than 80% full on the charger and it takes hours for it to get back to full charge so there is something wrong with the charging or the batteries. I checked on line and the manufacturer says it needs an 8 amp charger which was the one they sent me the second time which seemed to work so the company that sold me the scooter did in fact send a wrong charger the first time and now it seems that the batteries are faulty as well. Due to the nature of the item and i would only use it very intermittent i’m out of ebay time it being just over there 30 day limit now . The company is no help at all telling me to do this do that which i can’t do and i can’t take it back due to size and then being a hundred miles away is there anything i can do through paypal? a refund ? it took a week to get the new charger and now i’m frightened to go out on the scooter again as the battery doesn’t hold the charge . Any help would be much appreciated
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DavidPandrop 

You could open a dispute for item received but not as described BUT if you win then paypal would expect you to send the item back to the seller at your own expense and trackable before you get a refund. HOWEVER thats a moot point as paypals buyer protection policy generally does not cover motor vehicles of any type.

Your best bet would be to file an online claim in the small claims court if the manufacturer fails to remedy any issues.

That is as long as you purchased in the UK and not internationally.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DavidPandrop 

You could open a dispute for item received but not as described BUT if you win then paypal would expect you to send the item back to the seller at your own expense and trackable before you get a refund. HOWEVER thats a moot point as paypals buyer protection policy generally does not cover motor vehicles of any type.

Your best bet would be to file an online claim in the small claims court if the manufacturer fails to remedy any issues.

That is as long as you purchased in the UK and not internationally.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.