unautharised PayPal Direct Debits

odin1265
Contributor
Contributor

I have been checking one of my bank accounts today and noticed that there has been regular PayPal DD removed from my account since 18/12/13. i contacted Pay Pal and i am awating a reply, i also called my bank who are invesigating it through there fraud Dept. in total i have had £309.00 stolen. it is taken out in small amounts £20.00 then £7 or £35 ect.... has anyone found out how this is happening? and whats the solution?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Surely those are payments to the sellers when you pay with paypal??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

odin1265
Contributor
Contributor

No because i dont use Pay Pal that often, and there are some days were 4 transactions take place all the amounts taken have been paid to the same account.

Login to Me Too

purpleperil
Contributor
Contributor

hi, yes! noticed a payment went out by DD for £52!!! Smiley Mad

when i checked my bank statement i found that over the last 7 months £450 has been taken from my account!!!!

in December a total of 7 DD taken out, all payments ranging from £3.50 upto £52

unauthorised DD set up by Paypal to JPMC, none of these payments show in my paypal history as you have experienced, very very angry and upset...... went to my bank today, they have refunded the whole lot and will take 5 days to investergate, if proven i owe it (yeah right, NOT) they can take it back......... check out Direct Debit .co.uk , gives you all info needed, the banks are responsible and have to refund while they investigate.....

fingers crossed we get this sorted..... have unlinked bank account, credit cards from paypal for the moment

Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

purpleperil
Contributor
Contributor

also ask the bank who is taking the DD, ..... it will be another company going thru paypal, also a company has to notify the amount being taken out in advance when it is not a monthly set amount being taken out.... Under the DD code......

cancel the DD, if the company want to reinstate the DD they need your authority to do so, also Under the DD code

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.