Student Accounts - NO Confirmation Page!!!!

SmallTownPress
Contributor
Contributor

This morning I attempted to transfer money into my daughter's student account with paypal. I entered the amount and hit the "transfer money" button. Normally, a confirmation page would pop up asking if I was sure I wanted to transfer this amount. There was NO confirmation page.

Unfortunately, I had hit the 0 instead of the . when typing in the amount, and I now have a $10,000 transaction pending instead of $10.00. I immediately contacted Paypal's customer service and was told they couldn't do anything other than wait 3 days. I also contacted my bank, and it is not yet showing up, but most likely it will be declined before impacting my bank account.

Paypal's customer service told me that there is ALWAYS a confirmation page, but there isn't in this case. On another note, I also did not receive the $10 promotion in the student accounts that I did open ($20 total). After talking to customer service, I did confirm that there is NOT a confirmation page.

Beware!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Nice tip, that certainly is an obvious overlook by the Software Engineers and one would think an important one feature not to leave out.   

The only way to really get PayPal's Engineers on board to fix this is for folks to submit a Feature Request.   This can be done by submitting a Support Ticket here.  Next to the Severity Drop Selection, choose Feature Request, complete the form and submit.  The behind the scenes logic at PayPal for fixing issues is that the top reported issue gets priority. Therefore, the more folks who open a Suppor Ticket Feature Request, the higher up the fix-it list it gets.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

SmallTownPress
Contributor
Contributor

I did use a direct line to call Paypal, and I was able to talk to someone who COULD cancel the transaction today. It pays to keep looking for the right person to contact.

Although my specific transaction has been resolved, the lack of a confirmation page is still a serious flaw that needs to be addressed.

I followed your tip, skier, but I noticed student accounts was not one of the drop down options.

SmallTownPress

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.