shipping cost

Davevc
Contributor
Contributor

if i want to ship thru usps on my paypal account why does it cost more than if i do my shipping on line with the usps,paypal shipping cost are always more to cost a bit more,, is paypal adding to the cost of shipping some what like a fee....i buy my shipping labels straight from the usps on line site and is a lot cheaper than going thru paypal

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Interesting as we have always used Priority Mail and the cost was the same regardless if using PayPal's shipping or USPS shipping.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

Davevc
Contributor
Contributor

something is strange there i shipped a package weighing 18 pounds and measurements to box thru paypal and it cost 46.00 for prioirity, then i checked usps on line ,,same weight and size and it only cost 38.00  this has happened to me a few times now, will be buying my shipping labels on line at usps, sure its more of a pain to do thru usps but a lot cheaper

Login to Me Too

brooksagnew
Contributor
Contributor

My problem is, no matter how many buttons I create, the shipping cost never shows up for the sale. It costs me about $75 a week, and I have been working for months to figure out why shipping costs never show up.  HELP!!

Login to Me Too

hsmxmom
New Community Member

I have noticed the same thing in the last few days. A 1 pound priority mail pkg is $4.95 on  usps.com and it's $5.15 on Paypal and thats with FREE DC...Whats the deal?

Login to Me Too

Davevc
Contributor
Contributor

i know what you mean, i sent a package that was 18 pounds thru usps on line it cost 38.00 but i checked paypal same size and wieght and it cost 46.00 very weird,  dont think i will be using paypal for my shipping labels.

Login to Me Too

gourdguru
Contributor
Contributor

I've notice the same thing recently.  A small flat rate box which should be $4.95 is sometimes showing up as $5.15 when I do it from Pay Pal. 

What gives.  Why is this happening.  the rate should be the same, not more than doing on the USPS website.  I've gone ahead and done it the last few times because I was busy but if it happens again I will stop using pay pal to ship until the problem is resolved.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.