New USPS rates Jan 2, 2011 - PayPal shipping questions

postalchart_com
Contributor
Contributor

A few questions, most for PayPal, some may be USPS questions. These questions are all regarding "on Jan 2, 2011" but failing that, the follow up question is "when?" (EM = Express Mail, PM = Priority Mail, _MI = ___ Mail International, FRB = Flat Rate Box, FRE = Flat Rate Envelope)

1. Will PayPal support all of the new rates on shipping methods available today (PM, EM, PMI, EMI, FRBs, Regular FREs (except the EMI Regular FRE which has never been working in PayPal))?

2. Will Regular FREs be fixed for EMI?

3. If #3 is no, can a 0.5 lb EMI Package label be used on the Regular FRE (rates are the same)?

4. Will the new Legal (EM/PM/I) and Padded FREs (PM/I) be supported?

5. If #4 is no, can a Regular FRE label be used for them for EM/EMI/PMI (rates are the same)?

6. If #4 is no, can a Regular FRE label plus 20 cent adhesive stamp be used on the Legal or Padded FRE for domestic PM?

7. Will the new RRB's (Regional Rate Boxes) be supported?

8. If #7 is no, can a 2 lb. or 4 lb. Package label be used on the RRB, regardess of RRB's actual weight up to the 15/20 lb. limit (rates are the same)?

9. Will the PMI Small FRB selection be valid on the three containers (Small FRB, O-DVDS, O-1096L) that pay the new rate and are now called Letter Post Flat-Rate Boxes?

10. If #9 is no, will PayPal update the selections and will all three containers be available?

11. Are USPS international shipping labels going to be added to Multi-Order Shipping?

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

duckles
Contributor
Contributor

I have been adding the 20 cent stamp without problems for a while. I can understand that the post office will probably miss the fact that prople are not adding it for quite a while. I doubt if more than one in 100 prepaid packages are really looked at. They may start looking at all the padded envelopes if they notice that a lot of them have the wrong postage. I could use the USPS site but most of my stuff is First class or media mail so extra work and USPS won't print to my LP 2844 Label printer. I even tried saving a print file but their file is not a standard pdf and I can't open it.

Login to Me Too

postalchart_com
Contributor
Contributor

All the new USPS rates, AND First Class Mail International, are available for eBay auctions.

PayPal still hasn't posted any answers on this.

Login to Me Too

ILoveMoringa
Contributor
Contributor

Count me in! We need to know if PayPal is going to give us the option, to use the USPS Regional Rate boxes, without "tweaking" the system. I love being able to ship 1st Class USPS Mail, online here, and the other options are great - we use them all of the time. The USPS Regional Rate Boxes should have their own slot, in the drop-down box for shipping choices.

Would someone from PayPal please enlighten us? 

Login to Me Too

ROSE-N-DAL
New Community Member

My Post Office will not accept the regional A or B boxes unless the label expressly states Regional Rate.  Even with sufficient postage amount they will not.  Maybe just that my postmaster doesn't understand it.

Stated to me that for commercial rate, the program must state the correct type of package. The Regional Rates ARE NOT available at retail.

Hurry up Pay Pal and add it. 

Login to Me Too

WoR473
Contributor
Contributor

Have the regional rate boxes been added yet?

Login to Me Too

WoR473
Contributor
Contributor

Well i just answered my own question, looks like the regional rate boxes are there now.

Login to Me Too

postalchart_com
Contributor
Contributor

WoR473, I still don't see them on PayPal Shipping or MOS. Are you sure you aren't seeing those on eBay Shipping?

Login to Me Too

postalchart_com
Contributor
Contributor

Is PayPal still working on this? It seems we aren't being heard on this issue.

Login to Me Too

ILoveMoringa
Contributor
Contributor

I have the new boxes, but not comfortable using them yet, as I don't know how to put the information in, on PayPal, to get an accurate shipping price. All well and good for the USPS to give us some more options, but if we cannot easily incorporate them into our online shipping with PayPal, we might as well not have them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.