International label black screen in Java window

dunmar
Contributor
Contributor

A technician at PayPal told me, the problem with the international label printing is a java and Pitney bows problem. And they have both been informed. And are currently working on the problem.

Any help?

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

cyberspacecomix
New Community Member

just tried to get this international shipping to print again today. still not working. anyone know if this has been acknowledged? if so, have they provided an estimated time for the fix? are they going to let us know it's working again or will we just have to figure that out on our own?

Login to Me Too

dunmar
Contributor
Contributor

Do you hear the sound of the crickets?

That's the sound of, NOPE! You’re on your own.

Login to Me Too

sam_n
Contributor
Contributor

You can print International labels from "My eBay". International labels are printed in PDF.

Login to Me Too

julesrs007
Contributor
Contributor

Smiley SadI have been brought to tears over this. I have tried to print an international shipping label 2 times now - at $30.00 EACH. I emailed both ebay & paypal several times only to get a generic automated responce (with the exception of 1 message giving me a # to call for customer service).  I even reinstalled my Java thinking it would work...of course. it did not.

This has been going on for 3 days now. NO CREDIT (S) RECEIVED ON MY PAYPAL I ASSUME FOR ANOTHER MONTH. I can't believe that PayPal has known about this and not done anything to fix it or to at least direct members to the USPS website. HOW CAN THEY DO THAT? THAT'S JUST WRONG!

Now I am out ANOTHER $30.00. THAT IS $90.00!!!

I wish I had read this post before I tried PayPal shipping. I can't just go on the USPS website and pay...AGAIN, that would = $120.00!!! 

All this for an ebay sale for $20.00!!! I will never sell international again.

I am trying to raise funds to help my dog get surgery. This absurd issue could now be a real problem, at least for me. IT'S A SERIOUS SURGERY AND I DO NOT KNOW IF SHE CAN WAIT AROUND FOR A MONTH FOR PAYPAL TO CREDIT ME.

IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME, please reply to this post.

Login to Me Too

Kittysafe
Contributor
Contributor

Call Paypal

Login to Me Too

usLEDsupply
New Community Member

i don't know why PayPal doesn't fix this i have all the latest java and it still gives me the black screen every once and a while but i have found that the problem mainly happens on FireFox and if i open IE and go to the PayPal history and click on the shipment then go to the bottom of the page where it says reprint label it should work for you the same way and you won't have to worry about getting charged more then once

Login to Me Too

mentisflux
New Community Member

Hi,

I got this to work in IE by opening java and unchecking "Enable next-generation Java Plug-in"

It is in the "Advanved" tab under Java Plug-in.

The label loaded in IE, yet acted strange. The label did not print until I closed the browser window.

Login to Me Too

garyk
New Community Member

Come ON Paypal!!!....this is RIDICULOUS!  I pay WAY too much money in fees to have to put up with this kind of stuff for MONTHS!  I sell internationally very frequently, and this has become a big problem for me.  This JAVA/Paypal problem, along with waiting WEEKS for a postage refund is unacceptable service.

Login to Me Too

bruce119
Contributor
Contributor

I too have been fustrated by this. It started for me about 4 months ago. Since then I have tried about 4 times and could not get the Java to work BUT they charge me and I have to cancel the label Smiley Mad and wait for 6-8 weeks to get a refund. In the meantime I have to go to Click-N-Ship to print my label and spend more $$$.

So just today I tried agian I went through my whole system unistalled all prevoius verstions of Java and reinstalled currant. Still same thing so PayPal got another $30.00 shipping held up. I called a real person finaly and they told me it is a known problem and there working on it. I was told it should be fixed in about a week. Jeeeesshh this has been going on for at least 4 months. I can't trust PayPal for shipping international. I guess I will go back to Shi-N-Click for international I can't afford to just try it and see if it works.

There should be a way to know if my label is going to work/print before I am charged.

PayPal please let us know when you get this fixed.

I am running windows XPsp3 IE8

Bruce from Florida

Login to Me Too

sam_n
Contributor
Contributor

You can print label for eBay transactions from "My  eBay". eBay displays the international labels in PDF and doens't require JAVA.

Let's know how it goes.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.