PLEASE READ IMPORTANT, REVIEW BEFORE SENDING

CLee1052
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately learn from my mistakes, very costly! Iam not a everyday seller, but I just sold some Similac Alimentum which I had left over from my daughter (8 cans). They originally cost me $25 a can. I sold them for $120 loss of 75 plus shipping which was free 15 for shipping. The item was listed on EBAY as Buy it now, and immediate payment. Had a buyer, and recieved email from Ebay then receved my payment notice from PayPal...Its a perfect sale, but the two emails had diffrent names and adddress which were confirmed.. (I FIGURED SHE WAS HAVING DAD USE HIS ACCOUNT TO PAY) I recieved and email the next day from buyer, and he asked me for tracking number, I told him I had two address's which one did he want? Frankie advised his TN address, so off it went, I put the package in the mail, tracking number on Ebay, and sent him an additional email with tracking numbe...All is perfect as usual....thank god... NOPE! I GET AN EMAIL FROM BUYER (Not payee), ASKING FOR ITEM TRACKING HAS GONE TO ANOTHER STATE...I EMAILED HER BACK IN THE DEFENSE THINKING I WAS BEING COND, SO I GAVE HER MY WORK NUMBER WHICH GOES TO MY OFFICE (LAW ENFORCEMENT), FIGURING A CON WONT LEAVE A MESSAGE, SHE LEFT A MESSAGE! I SAID OOOHH SH-T! SOMETHING NOT RIGHT! I immediately went on PayPal account, and wouldn't you know there were two payees on one item...Frankie money was refunded and hers was not...I was confussed, I was scammed, he hacked into my auction. I spoke with her, and advised her she h as s not lost her money will refunded...I spoke with Paypal, in short he called Frankie as a courtesy. Todate no call back, the he advised he never saw this happen...He tranfered me to eBay, they advised she was only bidder, that it was a PayPal issue. I call PayPal back and I did not get that first A1 representative from security as i had...She explains, to send Frankie an invoice, and hopefully he will pay, they could not help me. REPRESENTATIVE went on to say two people bid and paid 3 Seconds, within each other, that the original payee Frankie had his money refunded within A few seconds, because she beat glhim by mila seconds. NOW THE BAD PART, WHICH MAKES NO SENSE I NEVER RECIEVED AN EMAIL FROM PAYPAL STATING TWO PAYMENTS CAME IN, ONLY ONE (1) EMAIL FROM FRANKIE, NOTHING ABOUT HERS. AS OF A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO PAYPAL DOES NOT SEND EMAILS REGARDING PAYMENTS REVERSED ONLY PAYMENTS RECIEVED. BUT REPRESENTATIVE SAID SHE WILL PUT THE SUGGESTION IN, BUT THEY ARE NOT RESONSIBLE FOR ME SENDING OUT PACKAGE ON THIER EMAIL ADVISING THE PAYMENT WAS RECIEVEDAND ADDRESS TO SEND IT TO. Bottom line check your account prior to sending out don't rely on just an email. I was selling product to pay for food for my daughter, now i am out double and had to get an advance to pay the girl who never got paid. This is a horrid story for a seller trying to help others and feed his family. PayPal not taking any responsibilty is a shame, bottom line YES I should have checked account, but why send me an email stating an item paid for and to send it go a confirmed address, and not one immedatly after stating we made a mistake? EBay was kind enough to refund THIER fees, but PayPal $00000 ALWAYS REVIEW ACCOUNT....
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

crazyharrysdeal
Contributor
Contributor

I sure hate that happened.  I can see how it could and appreciate the heads up.  It's unfortunate that not all people are honest and the few who are not cause us plently of pain.  Especially when something like this happens and you're using the money to support your family.  Good luck in the futher.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.