Sending money in Japanese Yen

Flacier
Contributor
Contributor

I try to send money in Japanese yen but keep getting an error said "Transaction cannot be completed.."

It's work fine with other currency though.

Does anyone have this problem?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

taonas
New Community Member

I too am having the same problem, keep getting "An error occurred during processing. Please try again" messages when trying to send yen. Paypal customer support claims to have no known issues, and are looking into it. I started getting the message yesterday (28th) morning. Still not fixed and I have orders to pay =(

Login to Me Too

Flacier
Contributor
Contributor

I have email paypal about this problem and they said that it has sometihng to do with the transfer have a high risk of failure

"..Also, when a payment is
blocked, it is merely an indication that the individual transaction fits
a pattern that is out of the ordinary and observed in the past to have a
high risk of failure...."

I have been using it for the past 2 years and never have any problem with it.

Login to Me Too

EuricaeriS
New Community Member

Also having these issues. Paypal need to get this sorted ASAP, as myself as well as others have outstanding payments we can no longer fulfil.

Login to Me Too

reverb
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I've sent lots of payments in yen over the years, this is the first time this has happened.

I hope they fix this soon, as I have ordered some stuff from Japan that I need to pay for ASAP.

Login to Me Too

reverb
Contributor
Contributor

This has still not been fixed, and it's getting ridiculous. I've sent an email to paypal, but no response. I have orders to fill, and paypal is delaying this process. 😞

Login to Me Too

reverb
Contributor
Contributor

I got the following message from paypal, which makes no sense, as ALL other currencies work, even sending those currencies to the companies in Japan works! It is just Japanese yen. I doubt having a paypal balance will do anything, but if it does make it work, it's annoying that I would even have to do that as it takes 3-5 days to transfer funds to paypal from my checking account.

Upon checking your account I have noticed that there's no available 
balance on your PayPal account and that your primary currency is US 
dollar. It is possible that the seller is not accepting US payments. 
What I can suggest is for you to add funds to your PayPal account first 
and then when the money is available, convert it to Japanese Yen. Or if 
you could ask the seller to send you an invoice in US dollars so you can
send the payment.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.