how do i get my money

haiylee
Contributor
Contributor

i sold a wheel chair,the money is in my pay pal account,its saying £62-50 on hold,what does that mean,i need this money now,that why i sold some thing

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@haiylee

New seller hold, funds are released more quickly when you provide a tracking number that shows the item as delivered.

If it was not an Ebay transaction then info in this link  >>

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987/1

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

haiylee
Contributor
Contributor

the lady came and got  the wheel chair,i had to wait 21 days,i wanted the money then,because i was behind with me rent,now i,m in debt,and ive no wheel chair to get me to the shops,so thanks e-bay,i wont be selling any think on this site ever again,i,ll go back to useing gumtree,that way i can get the money faster,like on the day of the sale,cant see the point of waiting 21 days days,it was only £65 too,not a lot of money for some people but its a lot of money for me,its going to take me well over 5 years to save up for another wheel chair !

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@haiylee

For collection items Ebay advise you and offer you the option of ''cash on collection'' and you can refuse paypal.

The reason they do this is because Ebay know there is no seller protection for items that are personally delivered or collected.

You CHOSE to not use that option and accepted paypal. With paypal the funds are only released when you can provide a tracking number which you cannot do for an item that is collected.

I sell lots of items for collection and i accept CASH ONLY everytime.

Don't blame Ebay because you did not bother to read up on things first.

If you had selected cash on collection you would have had cash in hand when she collected / no paypal fee / no chance of a buyer dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.