Sending via email, Uk Paypal to USA Paypal,

NuttyNicky
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried from almost a week to send money to my son in USA.  I have called Paypal UK variuos times, at a huge expense as I am in SA at the moment.  They have taken the limits of my accounts, as they did not recognise it was me. I gave Passport ID, changed PW, changed security questions...   and each time told in 24hrs the limit will be lifted... Then I try once again... and its limited again...  DESPARATE!!!  I have sent numerous emails, and a compliant to Paypal, but all automatic answers that do not resolve my issue to simply send money.  m

I have money in my Paypal account, so thats not teh problem.

PLEASE HELP!

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Are the funds in your paypal account balance in the same currency your son accepts on his paypal account and if not what are they?

Do you have a back up card linked to your paypal account as well and is that current and not needing updating?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

NuttyNicky
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, all cards valid, and Paypal have no proiblems sending Euro to USA , at their exchange rates.

They have told me each time it will be clear the problem by the evening and each time I wait till the day after (24hrs), to be sure, well hopoefully each time it will go through ...  I cannot afford to call again as it alweays takes a good half hour, and as I said I am calling from SA to the UK.  A helpful Paypal worker was Siobhan, and I see her comments to others, but not able to reach her here directly.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes, all cards valid, and Paypal have no proiblems sending Euro to USA , at their exchange rates.

Sorry but that is not what i asked.

There is not a problem sending euros BUT is your sons paypal account set up to receive euros??

If you are sending funds from your paypal account balance it has to be in the currency that the person the other end can receive.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

NuttyNicky
Contributor
Contributor

Oh thats new to me... why Paypal did not tell me or have in their list of help options, on the phone, as they can see its Euros to USD that I am trying to send. and odd that in USA he must set his money to receive in Euro...  I will try this option.! Thank you.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Tell him to go to the right of the paypal balance and click on the > icon.

Then manage currencies and add euros as an accepting currency and see if that works.

If it does he will have to convert it (in the same place) (fees apply of course!!)

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

NuttyNicky
Contributor
Contributor

Not working... ??  I have an Euro Balance so, I made that the Primary account...  But it does send I can send in any currency I like to whom has an email with Paypal....

Login to Me Too

NuttyNicky
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, I sent to my sons Paypal in Italy, thats EURO.

My Balance is in EURO and its my Primary Account now... 

and it still does not through....  I really am desparate now, as running out of time before

he goes on holiday with his host family. :-((((

Login to Me Too

NuttyNicky
Contributor
Contributor

Hang On... I am selecting to send #USD to the email supplied....  from my Paypal Balance.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Did you read my post above?

If you have euros in your paypal balance then either you need to change them to dollars or your son needs to do as i said above and add euros as a receiving currency and change to dollars when he gets them.

That is the norm, if that does not work then there may be other issues with your account that only customer services can sort.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.