Scamming

cmrnarundel
Contributor
Contributor

I was ment to buy an xbox account off someone, they asked for the money first. I sent the money as a gift and they didn't give me the account. What do I do?!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sophie

Hi cmrnarundel,

Welcome to the Community Forum! So sorry to hear about the issues you've had with the item you purchased and did not receive.

Gift, or personal payments are not intended for the purchase of goods or services from sellers and therefore cannot be disputed, I'm afraid. Personal payments can be used for the following:

• Sending a gift
  • Sharing a lunch bill
  • Paying your share of the living expenses
  • Sending money to friends and family.

As Personal payments are not for the purchase of goods, there is no buyer or seller protection offered on these transactions and as such, a buyer dispute cannot be opened.

I would suggest communicating with the seller directly in this case, in order to resolve the issue. If you made the purchase through an auction site or forum, I'd suggest contacting the website owner to see if there is any further action you can take in this regard.

I hope this helps,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.