Receiving Money in CHINA / Recibiendo dinero en CHINA

PrincipeMx
New Community Member

Hello!

My girlfried is in China now and I need to send her some founds. If I do it trough a bank transfer I will need to pay 40usd for the bank comission. So I think to send it trough paypal. She asked about it and someone told her if she receive the money trough paypal she will need to pay 35usd for comission if she want to take that money in her bank. So, How can we do the transfer trough paypal and in a cheaper way? What can we do?

Greetings!

PS My english sux.

Hola!

Mi novia está actualmente en CHINA y necesito enviarle dinero. Si lo hago por medio del banco, me cobran como 40usd de comisión por lo que pense en hacerlo por Paypal. Pero ella me dice que al recibir el dinero en paypal y cobrarlo, su banco le cobra 35usd de comisión. Es esto así? como se puede evitar? Cual seria entonces la manera de hacerlo para no pagar tanto?

Saludos!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Arda

Hi PrincipeMx,

Welcome to PayPal UK community page.

I understand your concern. You can send a personal payment in this case.

There are two types of payments that can be sent using PayPal:

• Purchase Payments: These are payments for goods and services, such as eBay purchases, or music downloads
  • Personal Payments: These are payments between individuals for no commercial reasons, i.e. for the purpose of personal, family and/or household affairs. For example, a person sending money to their brother to buy their parents a gift

When you send money for a purchase, you'll see the following categories:

• Goods: For example, pay for a CD
  • Services: For example, pay for an internet account, music download, or anything intangible
  • eBay Items

When you send money for a personal payment, you'll see the following categories:

• Gift
  • Payment owed: For example, split a lunch bill
  • Living expense: For example, pay a roommate for the rent
  • Other: ‘Personal’ payments that do not fit any of the other categories

Personal payments are usually free but if you're using your credit or debit card, a fee will be charged. The sender can opt to pay the fee, or pass it to the recipient.

We charge fees when:

• You receive a payment for a sale
  • You receive a payment from outside your country or region

Transaction fees can range from 1.4% to 3.4% + 20p. If you receive a payment from outside the UK, an additional cross-border fee may apply.

It's free to send money.

Here’s how to view fees applied to a particular payment:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘History’ near the top of the page.
  3. Find the desired payment and click ‘Details.’

Here’s how to see a list of all our fees:

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Fees’ at the bottom of the page.

I hope this info answers your questions. I am here to help if you have further questions

Thanks for posting!

Arda

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.