Pokemon Go

emily_wadsworth
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, im trying to buy Pokeballs on the Pokemon Go App using PayPal but its refusing to let me purchase or login using my paypal account. Im logged into the PayPal App but it wont let my buy anything from Pokemon

Any Ideas? 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

jakeL1234

Same problem here!

@emily_wadsworth wrote:

Hello, im trying to buy Pokeballs on the Pokemon Go App using PayPal but its refusing to let me purchase or login using my paypal account. Im logged into the PayPal App but it wont let my buy anything from Pokemon

Login to Me Too

emily_wadsworth
Contributor
Contributor

Its doing my head in. It might be because I dont have a bank acc linked with my PayPal, do you?

Login to Me Too

AuxUK
New Community Member
I have a bank account and credit card and it won't let me use paypal...
Login to Me Too

Edgeneral86
New Community Member
Same thing for me: Translated it says that my payment methode isn't set right on PayPal. Which it is and there is enough on it for the purchase i'm trying to make.
Login to Me Too

BensonRigby
New Community Member
Yeah, what the heck? I have money in my Paypal account so why can't i use it?
Login to Me Too

Xtramundane
New Community Member

Same problem here.

Anyone has the solution yet?

Probably NIANTIC dont want to sell to many stuff 😛

Login to Me Too

ChristopherL1
New Community Member
It is not pokemon go not accepting paypal it is google play having issues I tried add-on paypal as a method of payment and get the same error message as I get when I try to buy my pokeballs
Login to Me Too

Midnightlunalux
New Community Member

Hey guys! I'd been having the same exact problem for the longest time, but I finally figured out what the problem was (for me at least). For starters, I didn't have a card linked to my paypal before (I've now linked my debit). 
The second thing has a couple of steps. First off, I made sure that the primary email on my phone was the same as my primary Paypal email. Then, you'll want to go to Google Play store, go to your account, and go to "Add payment Method". Link your paypal there, and voila! You now should be able to buy things on Pokemon Go. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.