Payments

Ali319
Contributor
Contributor
Why is my payment Pending. I have tried to pay a friend but the payment won't go thro and is still in pending
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ali319

Double check the email addy you used to pay and make sure its correct and no typos.

Does it say unclaimed when you click on it and if so is there a cancel option?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ali319
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. It does say echeque and is still pending. The lady I have sent it to also has it pending at her end also. I am a bit unsure why this is as I don't use PayPal very often. I am sending to an individual and not a company and I have enough funds in my account. Any ideas please
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ali319

Normally an echeque is funded from your bank account.

But whereas normally paypal credit the seller in advance and paypal wait for the funds to transfer from your funding sometimes if you don't have a back up card linked OR that card has expired (or for other reasons) then it goes as an echeque and you have to take the wait for the funds to transfer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ali319
Contributor
Contributor
My card did expire but I updated the details with my new card today to pay my friend. Does this mean I will have to wait a week or so until she gets the funds or will they go in overnight
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.