Payment Being Processed

onkon

Hi,

I've just sold my first item on eBay and the icon on the payment option in eBay is an egg timer saying that it is being processed by yourselves. 

I've received the payment email from paypal but it's not showing in my account and don't want to send out anything when payment isn't in my account.

I've checked the email address is correct via the sell similar section but i noticed that i entered a different address to my paypal address when i listed the item.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If the email addy that identifies your paypal account is incorrect on your ebay listing then can you add and verify that email addy as you can have up to 8 email addys on the account.

If not then you need to contact your buyers and ask them to see what it says in there paypal accounts either:

1. Unclaimed with a cancel option.
2. Unclaimed.
3 Completed.

If its:
1. Then ask them to cancel the payment but tell them that it will take a few days to go back to their funding source if they funded their original payment with a debit or credit card. Then get them to use the "send money" > Goods option and pay to your email address. Tell them DO NOT use the ebay option or it will direct them to ebay checkout and the same thing will happen.

2. If there is no cancel option then the buyer will get their money back automatically 30 days after paying if it remains unclaimed. If it changes to completed they need to come here for advice. You will need to sort out between you if you want to still go ahead with the sale or cancel it.

3. If its completed then come back for more advice.

Then next time you list an item for sale change the email addy during the listing process and check everytime.

Also to help you sort things with your buyers you can pull their contact info if its an ebay transaction. Go to advanced search top of ebay pages > contact member left column > fill in the details and ebay will send you an email with their telephone number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

onkon

Hi,

The email address was correct, it was the item location i was referring to before.  Although this is added as an address in my PayPal account so isn't a random address.

I noticed this in the help section

We may place your incoming payments from sales on ebay.co.uk into your pending balance. This is commonplace for new or inexperienced sellers.

We’ve been dealing with online payments for years and we’ve realised that this helps to prevents losses, by keeping your money secure. It also makes buyers feel safer and more likely to return and purchase again.

Typically, you’ll have access to these pending payments within:

1. 3 calendar days of the estimated delivery date, if you mark the item as sent in your ebay account and provide delivery tracking information, or
  2. 7 calendar days of the estimated delivery date, if you mark the item as sent in your ebay account but don’t provide delivery tracking information, or
  3. 21 calendar days, if you don’t mark the item as sent in your ebay account and don't provide delivery tracking information

You’re incoming payments will usually become instantly available to you once 90 days have passed since your first successful sale on ebay.co.uk and:

• You’ve received £165 from sales on ebay.co.uk 

or

• You’ve had 25 sales on ebay.co.uk

Why would i mark an item as dispatched when i can't see the payment in my account?

Login to Me Too

onkon

Also, when i click on the View Paypal Transaction option next to the item, i'm redirect to the paypal login page with the error message 'The Transaction ID in your link is invalid.'

Has this chap paid and then cancelled the payment?  Is that possible?

Login to Me Too

onkon

Ok from what i'm reading it's because i've not met any of the below criteria as i'm a new seller.

• 90 days have passed since the first successful eBay sale.
  • More than 25 transactions have been completed on the site.
  • More than £165 has been generated in total sales.
  • If the account had been suspended previously and has been reinstated more than 90 days ago
  • The seller status on the account is Standard or above

Again, quite alarming to send off an item without having the funds in your account and only a 'Funds from one or more of your sales are pending in your PayPal account' message as payment confirmation.

Login to Me Too

onkon

I've just checked on my partners account who had never sold prior to 2014 so doesn't meet those restrictions yet she had money added to her paypal account as soon as the payment was made. 

Seriously confused here.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

i click on the View Paypal Transaction option next to the item, i'm redirect to the paypal login page with the error message 'The Transaction ID in your link is invalid.'

Well you are confusing me so can you humour me and just do this once more and double check the SPELLING as just a missing dot or co.uk instead of .com would mean a payment going astray by >>>>>>..

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.