Is this a scam?

StardustXtreme
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there, i recently checked my email and saw this.

Subject: Payment Transaction:#1HF9-5KAO-77JE-6LPT 

Sender: support @ paypal.co.uk recevpmntonl @ hlsu.ch

Dear (insert my email here)

You sent a payment of £63.00 GBP to Home Brew Life (iBlagg8 @ virginmedia.com).

Thanks for using PayPal. To see all the transaction details, log in to your PayPal account.

Issues with this transaction?
You have 180 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute or cancel the payment.
  If this payment was made by you desconsider this automated email.

Now, I never known anything about a Home Brew Life before this email and so, i decided to comapre this to my other Paypal receipts a sI use paypal quite frequently.which they come with Transcation ID's and they use my First and Last name, not my email address as the email above says.

I went to check my Paypal account for this transaction as I clearly don't recall buying something worth £63.00 from Home Brew Life and lo and behold, there was no such payment, I would like to ask what the community or hopefully someone from support  thinks of this because I highly doubt Paypal Support would notify me of a transcation when it'd be service @ paypal.co.uk

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@StardustXtreme

Send to spoof@paypal.co.uk

Do not click on the ''cancel'' link or you will give away your log in info or financial info.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

StardustXtreme
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the swift reponse!, I've sent it to spoof as suggested.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.