Fee for payment when responding to "money request"

NEBH
New Community Member
Hello - recently, a person I receive a regular "money request" from has been charged a small fee when I have responded to the email notification and paid her. This has only happened twice – the two most recent payments – but not for six or more requests before that. I have not changed anything in my settings so I am trying to figure out if there is a fee associated with using the "money request" feature. If so, is this a recent change since it did not happen in previous transactions? Thank you for any guidance. I actually used the "money request" for the first time myself about a month ago when I was collecting payments for a field trip and noticed that, for some people who responded to it, a small fee was deducted from what they paid me.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NEBH

Yes of course sellers pay a fee when they accept buyers payments, paypal has to pay their staffs wages at the end of the month so how do you think they make any money??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

eno7
New Community Member

In this case , nope, the fee has been requested  and payed by the  buyer.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eno7

Unless you are using the friends / family route to accept payments then your buyer can't pay the fee.

All they can do is send you more money to cover the fee and then the fee is deducted from that larger payment when you receive it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.