Expired payments

Darren84
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I bought something on 19th Nov and payment has come up as expired! Does this mean they won't be able to go and get payment with my authorisation? Thanks Darren
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Yes.  Once a Payment has expired, if you still want to purchase something, you have to start over.

Login to Me Too

Darren84
Contributor
Contributor
Ok thanks...
Login to Me Too

JurassicMe
New Community Member

Same thing happened to me. I've been waiting for something ordered in October - been stalled by the online retailer's customer service staff, just checked my PayPal payments and found it is 'expired'. As I'm not psychic and no-one tells you it has put me off ordering things to pay with PayPal. I will probably revert to just using it on Ebay where it has served me well for years.

Login to Me Too

Steph1107
New Community Member
Hello. I have a payment that now says 'expired' underneath it ... But I already have received the goods I ordered ... Can someone tell me what I should do?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Contact the seller and ask them to invoice you so you can repay if they have not received that payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dockonline
New Community Member
Hi, I've got an expired payment after I have received my goods aswell, did you do anything about it or have they taken the money since.. I'm a bit unsure as too whether I can spend it..
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi Dockonline,

Welcome to the Community Forum! If the payment now shows as 'Expired', the seller may not have taken the funds. However, as we do not have access to view the details of your account from here, I'd advise contacting Customer Support directly so we can take a closer look for you.

Just click on 'Contact us' at the bottom of any page when you're logged in to find our contact details. Thanks in advance!

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.