Bank Transfer gone wrong

unspecifieds
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I recently bought an item from ebay, I didn't have enough in my paypal account so the rest was paid from my bank account, or so I thought. It said instant transfer. Now I know these things take a few days to clear, so I checked back yesterday and found an entry from the day before that said paypal direct debit, so far so good, then one a couple of entries later, for the same day, I find the money being put back with UNP (unpaid) in the description. This is the account ebay transfers money into when I sell, I'm not sure of the problem. Does anybody know why the money would be put back like that and what I should do next? Can and should I change my settings so money is taken instead form my debit card? Thanks

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Do you have a back up card linked to your paypal account as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

unspecifieds
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I have a debit card linked

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sounds odd then, if you had enough funds in your bank account then it should have gone through ok.

You haven't accidentally cancelled the direct debit mandate between your bank and paypal on your online banking list of direct debits have you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

unspecifieds
Contributor
Contributor

No, in fact I didn't bother to go to my account until 4 days after, that's when I noticed it had gone wrong.

Login to Me Too

unspecifieds
Contributor
Contributor

Just checked my account again, and this time the balance is correct, but the debit is not showing at the moment. The last entry is still the Unpaid/ paypal money repayment. I just hope they get it right, and don't debit me more than once or something like that.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.