Scam?? help someone!!

newbie_nadia
New Community Member

I am trying to sell my macbook 2006 on kijiji for $450. Someone emailed me asking what my final offer was, and I replied $450 (I have some repairs to do before selling it). The person counter offered with $650 Canadian, and asked that I ship it to a friend's son in Nigeria. The person told me they would pay me through PayPal, and then I would send the laptop. This totally seems fishy, and if they weren't offering to pay upfront, I would have not even bothered. My concern is that 1) the payment will not be legitimate, and 2) what if I get in trouble sending an electronic to Nigeria, and my name is on the transit slip...

Someone please, give me some feedback. If not, I will definitely not go through with this. If the person was not offering to pay up front, and the shipping @ approx $400, then I would not even bother. 

Thanks 🙂

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PJW
New Community Member

@newbie_nadia wrote:

I am trying to sell my macbook 2006 on kijiji for $450. Someone emailed me asking what my final offer was, and I replied $450 (I have some repairs to do before selling it). The person counter offered with $650 Canadian, and asked that I ship it to a friend's son in Nigeria. The person told me they would pay me through PayPal, and then I would send the laptop. This totally seems fishy, and if they weren't offering to pay upfront, I would have not even bothered. My concern is that 1) the payment will not be legitimate, and 2) what if I get in trouble sending an electronic to Nigeria, and my name is on the transit slip...

@someone please, give me some feedback. If not, I will definitely not go through with this. If the person was not offering to pay up front, and the shipping @ approx $400, then I would not even bother. 

Thanks 🙂

My advice.....Walk away. 

We just had 3 similar responses from 3 different email addresses for a vehicle offered on Auto Trader.  We told them "Thanks but no thanks".  If it seemsoo good to be true it usually is.

Login to Me Too

blackboard
New Community Member

I believe I am a victim of this same fraud... my daughter was trying to sell her Ipod and this same "buyer" had this exact same story about "her son in Nigeria".  I have a tracking # with Canada Post and was able to cancel the shipment right away.... next time I will definitely listen to my inner voice and not ignore it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.