money returned?

termiteillmoot
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I am new to paypal but have just set it up in order to recieve payment via bandcamp.com.

I have just been informed by one of the 'buyers' that he has had the money refunded from my pp account. Can anyone tell me why this is please? There is nothing on my pp account to say that that money ever came through, however my log in bandcamp.com says the money is in my pp account.

I havnt linked a bank account yet to pp as was going to do that at a later date, have read as much as I can take, n cant see why this has happened. please help!?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The only way it would be refunded is if the payment went to another account and that person honestly refunded it knowing it wasn't theres.

That happens if you give your  buyer an incorrect email address or the buyer enters the email address incorrectly.

Check the email address you gave your buyer that is linked to your paypal account and make sure it is correct and spelt correctly.

Have you confirmed your email address with paypal? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

termiteillmoot
Contributor
Contributor

ok. It seems I have been logging in to my email as ' ---- .co.uk', and assumed that was my email address. however my actual address is '---- .com'. I thought '.co.uk' and '.com' were different so not sure how that happened but as a result I have not recieved the email to confirm my email and it has not been confirmed.

bit of a mess. As it seems I cant open another email in '.co.uk' (as I already seem to have it), do I need to open another paypal account in the '.com' name? and does this mean I loose this money?

many thanx

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.