positive feedback recieved, when can i use my money?

itsleady
Contributor
Contributor
So u uploaded the tracking info instantly, the seller has recieved the item and provided positive feedback so when do i get my money? Its my sons birthday party today n that money was meant for today. Bit of a joke this 21 days idea tbh.
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

this is the WHOLE page >>>>>>>>>>>>>.

We’re changing our PayPal payment holds to safeguard sellers with good selling records and to encourage new sellers to offer the same high fulfilment standards.ship to fund

From today, access to your buyers’ payments in PayPal may be delayed by up to 21 days. This applies to you if you’re a new seller and you’ve been selling on eBay.co.uk for less than 90 days, you’ve made fewer than 25 transactions in total or you’ve generated less than £165 in total sales.

Your buyers’ payments in PayPal may also be held if you’ve fallen below standard or if your account has been reinstated in the past 90 days.

You can access your PayPal funds earlier by uploading tracking information and indicating when your item has been dispatched.

What you need to do

NOW

Details

New PayPal payment holds

This change only affects sellers who are new to eBay, those that have fallen below standard and those whose account has been reinstated in the past 90 days. 

The amount of time that your PayPal funds are held depends on the action you take in providing a positive fulfilment experience for your buyers:

ActionPayment hold time
Seller prints tracking label on eBay, or uses another carrier that provides tracking information, then manually enters postage tracking information on eBay.Estimated delivery date + 3 days
Seller indicates when the item has been dispatched in My eBayEstimated delivery date + 7 days
Seller doesn't upload any information or mark item as dispatched21 days
Buyer opens a case against the sellerUntil the case has been closed

Find out: 

Exemption from payment holds

As a new seller affected by PayPal payment holds, you’re no longer subject to holds on your funds once you’ve met all of the following criteria:  

• 90 days have passed since your first successful eBay sale.
  • You’ve completed more than 25 transactions on the site.
  • You’ve generated more than £165 in total sales.
  • Your seller status is Standard or above. 
  • If your account has been suspended, 90 days have passed since your account has been reinstated.

Without any holds on your account, your buyers’ payments will be available to you almost immediately. 

Why is PayPal making this change?

Meeting buyer expectations by promptly delivering items helps build further trust in the eBay marketplace and meet retail standards. Uploading tracking information and informing the buyer when their items have been dispatched also helps to avoid any issues that might arise around item delivery.

Why can’t my funds be released early if my buyers provide positive Feedback about the transaction?

We think that the release times for funds that we've set for this programme are fair to both buyers and sellers. PayPal uses postage time to determine when funds will be released because relying on buyer Feedback for release of funds may expose you to further delays as not all buyers leave feedback. 

I’ve been a seller for over 90 days, but I’m still subject to payment holds. Do I have to meet all of the criteria to get immediate access to payments?

Yes. You’ll get immediate access to your buyers’ payments as soon as you’ve met all of the criteria outlined above. This means you’ll need to complete more than 25 transactions and generate over £165 in total sales.

Do these payment holds also apply to international sellers listing on eBay.co.uk?

Yes. Our new PayPal payment holds apply to all sellers listing on eBay.co.uk, even if they’re located outside of the UK.

How can I make sure that my payments are released as quickly as possible?

Make sure you upload tracking information in My eBay and print postage labels on eBay.

Find help

Buy and print postage labels on eBay
Upload tracking information

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

itsleady
Contributor
Contributor

i was using my phone that part of the page didnt load as i couldnt scroll any further. Well its been almost a week since i uploaded the tracking info and still not available. I was sent a message from paypal stating it would be available today, which it still isnt available either.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Its still "today" until mid-night so plenty of time for it to be released BUT if not then contact customer services and tell them that you have met the criteria of release so please do so !! >>>>>>>>>>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Ctownsend
New Community Member

It really is a joke, If feedback is left the item is confirmed to be in the condition stated. So, whats the point of the funds being held after positive feedback? Answer that without dogging the question. They are holding funds for no absolute reason. Yes, I am late who cares. Also yes, I grave digged the heck out of this post.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ctownsend

I am giving you the FACTS, whether you like those facts is immaterial to me as I don't make Ebay policies.

The FACT is that Ebay DOES NOT count feedback for payment release.

If you don't like that FACT then take it up with them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Gsfusion81
Contributor
Contributor

I know this is old but I think I found another reason for it. Let's say a seller puts something on eBay with a buy it now price. Let's say that item is a rare item and they have no clue that it is. You can buy this item and flip it for 10 times what they have it for!! You go and check your balance and it's still holding all your funds! What the heck can you do? Ohhh put it in your shopping cart and hit pay later and take out a paypal credit card! They got you!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.