pay to the wrong email address

charlotte1986
New Community Member

Hi everyone,

I have recently sell an item and I don't know why the buyer has paid to a wrongly spelled email address, maybe a copy mistake on my side or on his side.

Unfortunately this was my first item sold after a long time off of ebay and paypal world. After few days the payment was not coming through my paypal account, the buyer did want his item and I did not want to send an item with no payment. The buyer did have a lot of good feedback and we did have contacts by phoine, it seems definetely a very genuine guy. Therefore I contact paypa that reply with one of automatic messages and no good understanding of what was the problem, and the time was passing buy. One part of the message was saying that I should receive pending payments within 7 days of the shipped item, so I have decide to send the item. I have explained the situation to paypal with one more message and finally they did ask me to ask to the seller to what address he paid to, the mispalled address.

Now I do not understand why was so hard take a look to the transaction and see what wass the email adress, but more than that:

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS A PROBLEM WITH PAYPAL THAT LET YOU PAY TO AN EMAIL ADDRESS THAT DOES NOT EXIST IN PAYPAL AS ACCOUNT!! why does not raise an alert saying, sorry this is not a valid paypal account?? is that hard???

I am sure that the developers there know this error and they probably want to sort it out, but isn't this too convinient for paypal??? keep the money in a limbo, away from the buyer and the seller?

please give me any suggestion, so far the only thing that the customer service has been able to tell me was that the buyer need to call paypal and sort this out (obviously is not in his interest get this problem on board, so just hope in an honest person)

Thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.