eBay scam Fake paypal email?

yuksun
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Im new to paypal and ebay and I think ive got a scam email. i wont detail whats happening but basically im refusing to send my item as theyve not credited my paypal account with the money. I have reported to eBay. However Ive just received this and was wondering if its fake? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Dear My Name
It is important we know the status of the item bought  from you by one of our client Aerocat Telecomswith Transaction ID:Some random ID, otherwise legal action may be taken against you since you have not e-mailed us the Tracking Number Of Shipment from the postal office.

We believed you entered into agreement by requesting money through PayPal from the buyer, and by non e-mailing us a valid Tracking Number Of Shipment from the postal office, you are violating PayPal users agreement in act of the 1999 PayPal Law in collaboration with the World Law Enforcement Agency.
You are now mandated to provide us the shipping information postal office within the next 24hrs, failure to do so would result to the involvement of the Police for violating PayPal's instructions and users agreement
in act of the 1999 PayPal Law in collaboration with the World Law Enforcement Agency.

We are ensuring to make PayPal a safer place, therefore we need to set confidence on all our users.

Address:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Address Status:Confirmed
Once this information is provided we will fund the money into your account and failure to do so you will face the consequences of LEGAL ACTION and your PayPal account suspended.

This is done in other to protect both the seller and buyer from the ongoing internet fraud activities.

With more than 147 million accounts worldwide, we are a leading online payment method you can trust.
Thanks,
Scott Thompson President PayPal, Inc
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yep its a scam.

They try to get you to send an item before you receive payment and pretend you have to enter the tracking number to receive payment.

This is rubbish. Even for new sellers that do have payment holds the transactions still show in their account.

Ignore it and don't send any item. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

yuksun
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Kernowlass

I thought it was. seemed very suspicious

but thansk for verifying it for me. much appreciated!!   🙂

Login to Me Too

fannysanny
New Community Member
First i recieved this from Edwad and in the same time another person contacted me, a woman called Diane, what you think of this folks, i've removed details of course but that's the actual email messages Smiley Mad

Received: 9 November 2013 11:23 
Customer Details:
NAME: MR edward david TELEPHONE:
EMAIL: Vehicle Details:
MAKE: ROVER
MODEL: 75
PRICE: ?1100 Message:

Hello seller, i hope this advert is still available for sale ? if yes get back to me with your final price.
Thanks for the prompt response. I'm ok with the condition of the car, as I have already gone through it on the advert and I am ready to buy it now as a gift for my Daughter. I'm at sea at the moment as I'm a Navy Officer,and due to the nature of my job, the making phone calls and visiting websites are restricted but I found some time to check your advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want it to be a surprise for my daughter, I won't let her know anything about it until it gets delivered to her. I am sure she will be more than happy with it. I insist on paypal because I don't have access to my bank account online as I don't have internet banking, but I can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it. Get back to me with your paypal email and the price so that I can proceed with the payment quickly. If you don't have an account, you can sign-up for a paypal personal account at ....it is very fast and easy to set up. There is a shipping company agent that will pick up the car after the payment has been sorted out. Thanks.
Received: 9 November 2013 16:03

Customer Details:
NAME: MRS Diane Ferguson
TELEPHONE: 
EMAIL: 

Vehicle Details:
MAKE: ROVER
MODEL: 75
PRICE: ?1100

Can you kindly give any more information on the exact condition of the Car? anything overlooked in the Ad perhaps?

Hi,
Thanks for the prompt response.. I am ready to buy the car now as a birthday gift for my brother in-law. I am at sea at the moment as I am a marine engineer and due to the nature of my work, phone call making and visiting of websites are restricted but I just had to squeeze out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding it. I really want the car to be a surprise package for brother in-law so I won't let him know anything about the car until it gets delivered to him, I am sure he will be more than happy with the car. I insist on PayPal as my mode of payment because I don't have access to my bank account online and also, I don't have internet banking, but I can pay from my PayPal account. I have my bank account attached to my PayPal account, so I will need you to send me a Paypal money request for the final price of the car so I can make the payments asap for it and please if you don't have a PayPal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to....and set it up, after you have set it up I will only need you to send me a Paypal money request so as to put the money through. I have a pick up agent that will come and pick the car up after I have made the payment for the car.

My Regards.

Send the paypal money request to me at my paypal email address .... i will make the payment and get back to you asap.

> From: 
> Subject: Re: RE: Enquiry
> Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 11:26:30 +0100

> Hi

> What's the full details where I need to send the request and to whom? 

> Thanks 
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Car Scam.

Be VERY careful selling cars/large items if the buyer is keen to use paypal and states they are working abroad or sending to a friend etc and need a shipping agent to pick it up..

You then get a FAKE paypal email saying you have been paid extra so you can pay the shipping agent for them via western union and the payment is released to you after you have done that.

It is a scam to get that western union payment, they don't want your car and the shipping agent is just a scam to get that payment.

They are nearly always in Nigeria and can't even own a paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Funkel
New Community Member

I have just received one of these too, thanks for the heads up. It is crap. I think I will reply with laughter.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Funkel

Don't reply, they have been known to sign your email addy up to some nasty sites, just ignore them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

vuk1
New Community Member

it is a scam you shouldn't make a transaction, that's my opinion but the best is to contact Pay Pal customer service then you are sure ...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.