Reporting Fraud - abusing ebay MBG

Temp20220520ao
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am at total loss. I want to report an individual who keeps on opening ebay and paypal account everyday to defraud ebay sellers.

It is a almost perfect crime, because this buyer is making legimate payment using his new brand new Paypal accounts. He buys legitimately on ebay via Paypal to qualify MBG. After receiving his items, he make claims to keep the item free and ebay forced the sellers to refund.

This individual knows how to cheat ebay and ebay sellers. Losers are sellers without the items.

How can I report to Paypal so that Paypal cannot be the vehicle to finance his ebay purchase? This invidiual has already has 40 ebay accounts. He usually made 4-5 purchase per accounts. Totally value scammed approx, £10,000.

Catch here: Payment seems legitmate, ebay makes mistakes because of the loopholes. I cannot discuss what the loopholes are as ebay cannot stop this guy opening new accounts at the moment.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

There is no loophole, as long as you send an item trackable and provide a tracking number any dispute would fail.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20220520ao
Contributor
Contributor

I am afraid not.

Out of 200 sellers he defrauded, only 1 managed to escape forced refund by ebay. 

I cannot explain how he cheats ebay because this info can be misused. It is a loophole ebay has not fixed. It is also the exact loophole in Paypal as well. This is why I cannot go into details.

I just need to have it reported, that's all. Can any one help?

Login to Me Too

dottom

Even with shipping proof, Paypal will rule in favor of the buyer if the bank reverses the charge.  Seller Protection is not as they claim.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.