PayPal CSV files - Find VAT exempt sales

FT2011
Contributor
Contributor

Whenever I have a VAT return I download the relevant period's PayPal report ie: I'm doing July-Oct now.

I have to download all the transactions (usually over 4,000) in a PayPal CSV file and then highlight the VAT exempt or zero rats sales which are children's clothing items and sales to outside the EU.

This is very time consuming as the only way to tell which sale is VAT exempt is from the size which was chosen from a drop down box on the eBay listing. This is not formatted clearly within the PayPal CSV file. It's all in a badly formatted line of text and sometimes not all of the text is included. I can't just search for 'Boy' or 'Boys' as this is often in the listing title so every item would show up.

So I end up ordering alphabetically to get some kind of order and scrolling through and doing it manually.

Is there a faster way of doing this?

Amazon is easy because the reports list the SKU of each sale.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Sophie

Hi FT2011,

At the moment, there's no feature built into PayPal which allows you to calculate your VAT. I will pass your feedback on to the relevant department here, in order to see if we can implement this for the future, but at the moment, as we only process the payments and don't list your items as an online marketplace would, it's up to you to calculate your own VAT for your payments received.

Thanks,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

FT2011
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Sophie

Thanks for your reply.

Perhaps an easier and faster fix would be to include SKU codes or Custom Labels from eBay sales in the PayPal CSV files. This would solve the problem.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi FT2011,

That's great feedback, I'm passing it on to the relevant people here. It would be very helpful for a lot of customers to have this option available to them. We're always updating the functionality of our accounts, so hopefully this is something we'll be able to implement for the future.

Thanks again!

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.