www.abouteveryone.com using paypal to collect extortion money

IROC4LIFE
New Community Member

Hello everyone, 

I wanted to bring attention to the extortion website www.abouteveryone.com, which is allowing for the anonymous posting of comments, against all facebook and twitter users profiles. This is clearly a slander/extortion website, as you can "pay $19" to remove said profiles. If you do not, the entire internet will be able to post things about you, anonymously. 

I was shocked to discover, that paypal is the method of choice for collection of this extorsion money!!!!!!

Is this not a violation of the Terms of Service/Law?

Hope this bring attention to the situation. 

Regards

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

DeDee
Contributor
Contributor

There is no way to contact them and they will not remove the link to your facebook for free. You have to click remove profile and pay the fee. Just have the person listed on the site remove all photos and upload them to a new facebook account. I wouldnt give one red cent to them. There a SCAM site!

Login to Me Too

sundaygirl
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for answering. I don't mind paying the fee, as the facebook page cannot be recreated. It's business, and would be a nightmare. Where did you go to find that option on their site??? I see nothing but a way to email them. Did they ever respond to your email???? Is that when you get the link to click on?? Thanks so much.

Login to Me Too

pooji
Contributor
Contributor

hello sunday girl ..were u able to remove ur profile from tht website. if so please tel me how can i get it removed

Login to Me Too

sundaygirl
Contributor
Contributor
The email address that abouteveryone.com lists on their website to contact them is the only way to contact them that I have found. They DO NOT reply back! This story needs to go to a major news station. It's a crime what they are doing. If anyone figures out how to reach them, please let me know.
Login to Me Too

-nooch-

Does a PayPal representative have a response to this issue?

Login to Me Too

DeDee
Contributor
Contributor

You can contact PayPal

4:00 AM to 10:00 PM PST
Monday through Friday 6:00 AM to 8:00 PM PST Saturday and Sunday

Login to Me Too

DeDee
Contributor
Contributor

I was just sent a message from PayPal that they want me to revise my post as i violated the TOS. By posting their address and number etc. So i assume PayPal is well aware of this aweful website.
I don't see an edit area to revise my old post???

Login to Me Too

Sunnbuzz
Contributor
Contributor

Are you SURE it was Paypal that sent you that email, anyone with a Paypal account could troll this Forum and figure out who your area, did they give you a link to click ? Posting PUBLIC Info on a Company is not a TOS, its Public information that can be found literally ANYWHERE !

Login to Me Too

DeDee
Contributor
Contributor

Yes it was the "real" PayPal as they were the ones that took their number off my posting as i didnt know how.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.