Account Hacked and Paypal is denying the claim

Peri44
New Community Member

My account was hacked by Jordi [Removed] for over $5000 in transactions. Every few days he has transferred under $100 but I did not catch it.  There are now tons and tons of transactions and PAYPAL will not go after him and says "it is consistent  with my account.  I appealed and they denied the appeal.  What shall I do? I filed a police report as well.  Do I file a report against paypal now?

Please help

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

CraigPodevin
New Community Member

Are you in the UK? If it was a fraudulent payment, report it with ActionFraud, they work with the police and submit a crime reference number. Print all the evidence that you have.

I have been in this situation, luckily it was only £180 but PayPal have now sent debt collectors to me to retrieve it. I have given them a crime reference number, I have given them all the evidence I have that it's a fraudulent transaction yet they still refuse every appeal and the debt collectors have been instructed to retrieve the £180 again. 

It's crazy the lengths they have gone to for an insignificant sum to a company like PayPal and the stress it has caused me and my pregnant wife. I have done everything I can and yet they still chase it. I read somewhere that less than 50% of fraud that happens with PayPal ends with the victim paying the price, which should be insanely illegal.

Once this is all sorted I will be closing my PayPal account and never using them again, and advising everybody I know that they will never come out with a positive outcome if they are victims of fraud or are scammed. This company are a joke. 

I'm sorry that it's happened to you, but it's best to accept you will probably not get your money back. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.