Provide purchase receipt from your supplier

georgemeison
Contributor
Contributor

Provide purchase receipt from your supplier  how can i resolve

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

So if you mark an item new you have to provide purchase receipt? This is so dumb. Is there any way to bi pass this?
Login to Me Too

willsonia1927
Contributor
Contributor

The two recent items I recently sold through Paypal were made by me so no purchase receipt is possible. So I just wrote this and submitted it as a pdf which worked, at least for now. I wonder how they will reply to that?

Don

Login to Me Too

Aim3d

Hello guys

I have the same issue, I offer services to people and the services are "3D design" so my services are digital, not physical so there is no supplier, I make the service.

Login to Me Too

Ra121
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there, any updates regarding your limitation? Did you manage to overturn it, as I’m in a similar situation
Login to Me Too

Cbdz
Yeah I hear you. I have to log into the Best Buy app to get info to send to this person who bought summit. That’s what PayPal protection is for.
Login to Me Too

joseph107
New Community Member

jgolebieski
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same issue -- seems like PayPal cannot get their act together.  Had an eBay and PayPal account for several years.  Recently started selling a few items on eBay, and PayPal put "limitations" on account after 3 sales at a nominal value ($15-$30).  I submitted the requested photo ID and a letter stating invoices are not possible (I'm selling collectibles from a personal collection, receipts went in the trash in the 90s).  Thank goodness I haven't listed/sold anything of real value yet!  No one at PayPal picks up the phone "due to COVID-19" and apparently no one can answer a chat message either (waiting 5 hours and counting for a response).  Very poor customer service -- its going to be tough for me to recommend anyone using PayPal after this. 

Login to Me Too

Walker8688
New Community Member
I tried buying games off game stop.com but I accidentally used my pay pal and now my account is limited. How can I resolve this???
Login to Me Too

BBrown2
Hello Ive recently sold 3 shoes on Ebay one of which was a return and Paypal limited my account and then asked for ID and supplier receipts? Im so confused i am not a business i sell pre-owned shoes so therefore i do not have a supplier or receipts for most of my shoes. How do i revolve this silly issue. Thx
Login to Me Too

thedreaming
Contributor
Contributor

I just got hit by this message that I have to "Provide purchase receipt from your supplier", but here's the problem.  I don't have a supplier.  I don't sell things using paypal and i don't have a business account!  I turned on 2-pass authentication and boom, I got this message sent to me immediately.  Please, is there an actual person can just look at my account and turn this garbage off cause if you make using paypal this difficult, it's just so much easier just to close the account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.