Buyer protection vs store policy

Ziranos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I want to purchase a moderately expensive item from overseas (I'm in Europe, it's shipping from the US), and their store policy states they do not offer refunds for international shipments. Am I still covered under Paypal's buyer protection (of course provided I pay with Paypal) or would a dispute then be denied, since their store policy states no refunds? I'm not worried it's a scam, it's a reputable store, but I am worried my item will be lost in transit or arrive damaged. Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ziranos 

Yes, if you pay with paypal you would have paypals buyer protection (read up on it first so you can risk assess your transaction because if it arrives damaged and you win a claim the cost of return (trackable) would be on you to pay.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ziranos 

Yes, if you pay with paypal you would have paypals buyer protection (read up on it first so you can risk assess your transaction because if it arrives damaged and you win a claim the cost of return (trackable) would be on you to pay.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.